cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USPS Padded Flat Rate Envelope Option Not Available?

Im unable to select the padded flat rate option, ive tried different dimensions to try to trigger it but nothing is working, any advice? 

Message 1 of 42
latest reply
41 REPLIES 41

odd...it shows up on my in both

custom size and carrier packaging options

4 lb. 0 ounces 13X9X2

You are expanding all your options...at the bottom of the screen

Message 2 of 42
latest reply

That happened to me this morning as well. I solved it by starting a brand new listing, not a "sell similar".

Message 3 of 42
latest reply

I'm having the same issue. I use flat rate envelopes and padded flat rate for nearly all of my items and can no longer choose it via the app or on the desktop version despite trying to trigger it with changes to dimensions and on my items to sell similar its now disappeared as well.  Huge inconvenience!! Had a very unhelpful chat session with eBay and just hoping it will get resolved....  

Message 4 of 42
latest reply

As a workaround, you could just set up a flat price for generic Priority Mail ,and enter the price for that envelope.

Message 5 of 42
latest reply

I’m having same issues this morning.

I hope eBay fix this…

Message 6 of 42
latest reply

I wonder if they're having some glitches with their shipping options right now. I noticed yesterday when somebody bought multiple First Class items so the package weighed over a pound instead of reverting to priority like it usually does it reverted to Media Mail. This was a hair care product listed in the correct category so normally it should not let you even select a Media Mail shipping label option (right?). Anyway I just manually switched it to Priority... I just thought it was a really weird glitch.

Message 7 of 42
latest reply

Sounds like when it realized the weight was too high for First Class, it just defaulted to the first shipping method on the list. But why would MM postage even be available for items listed in that category?  eBay works in mysterious ways.

Message 8 of 42
latest reply

It is not showing up for me either. In some categories I am seeing medium & large flat rate boxes as options, while others I am only seeing normal priority and priority express (no flat rate options at all). Frustrating. Hope they get this fixed soon! 

Message 9 of 42
latest reply

on desktop or the app?

Message 10 of 42
latest reply

@valevilla_9013 wrote:

Im unable to select the padded flat rate option, ive tried different dimensions to try to trigger it but nothing is working, any advice? 

Hey @valevilla_9013! The Shipping Team wanted to reach out and share this with you:

"This has been escalated to our product team, as they’ve been doing some work on package sizes in the new listing tool and found that you will need to input package size 12x9x1 in order for the padded flat rate option to appear."

Devon,
eBay
Message 11 of 42
latest reply

devon@ebay wrote: ... you will need to input package size 12x9x1 in order for the padded flat rate option to appear."

Good grief, they need a whole new approach to setting that stuff up. The flat rate packaging options should operate completely independently of any dimensions entered.

Message 12 of 42
latest reply

devon@ebay wrote:

The Shipping Team wanted to reach out and share this with you:

"This has been escalated to our product team, as they’ve been doing some work on package sizes in the new listing tool and found that you will need to input package size 12x9x1 in order for the padded flat rate option to appear."

Thanks for getting us this info devon@ebay. I agree with the above poster that it's illogical, especially since a padded flat rate is hardly ever going to be 1" thick. Sellers are not going to intuitively enter 12x9x1 dimensions.

Could you ask the shipping team what dimensions need to be entered for all the other flat rate box/envelope sizes? If eBay is going to implement these restrictions, then posters on this forum need to know exactly what they are to help all the sellers that come here running into roadblocks on flat rates.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 13 of 42
latest reply

@nobody*s_perfect wrote:

devon@ebay wrote: ... you will need to input package size 12x9x1 in order for the padded flat rate option to appear."

Good grief, they need a whole new approach to setting that stuff up. The flat rate packaging options should operate completely independently of any dimensions entered.

Will also add that I enter dimensions based on the packaging I'll use for an international sale because padded flat rate will only be used for domestic sales. If I didn't use biz policies a change like this would mess things up for me. Fortunately biz policies bypass these dimension issues.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 14 of 42
latest reply

@wastingtime101 wrote:

devon@ebay wrote:

The Shipping Team wanted to reach out and share this with you:

Thanks for getting us this info devon@ebay. I agree with the above poster that it's illogical, especially since a padded flat rate is hardly ever going to be 1" thick. Sellers are not going to intuitively enter 12x9x1 dimensions.

Could you ask the shipping team what dimensions need to be entered for all the other flat rate box/envelope sizes? If eBay is going to implement these restrictions, then posters on this forum need to know exactly what they are to help all the sellers that come here running into roadblocks on flat rates.

Hey @wastingtime101! I can make sure to have this question sent over to the Shipping Team and let you know what they say once I hear back!  

Devon,
eBay
Message 15 of 42
latest reply