cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USPS No tracking since Tuesday

I dropped off about 30 items on Monday at the USPS on the inside drop box since it was a Holiday.  As of today, Thursday, not one has been scanned.  How is that possible?  Tracking at USPS shows the same as ebay and you can't call them to talk to a real person.  My items that I also dropped off on Tuesday am when they were open are still not scanned either.  I know ballots are a priority but this is ridiculous.   Anyone else having these problems?  I can't ship first class through FedEx or UPS so for some of my items, I'm stuck with USPS. 

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: USPS No tracking since Tuesday

This is how USPS operates. It is not going to change. It will likely get worse. I drive to a very small post office completely out of my way anytime I have to ship USPS because I have determined trying to fight the incompetence and disregard of USPS is really bad for my mental health. I also only use USPS about 1% of the time. It's not worth the aggravation and buyer complaints to save a few bucks to me. There is absolutely nothing worse than getting defects and complaints for things completely outside of my control. 

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

my post office operates the same way.I drop my stuff of in the morning in the indoor chute before they are open.Hardly any of it ever gets scanned for a few days.It does nt really bothe me any more because they have a super track record with me and nothing gets lost.

My best advice is either wait in line at the counter or skip it like I do.I stopped looking  at tracking years ago,it wasnt doing anything for me so I dont need to look anymore

Germantown proud Germantown strong
up the whiskey hickon
moving right along
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Talk directly to your PO.

From now on:

Take the items to the PO and have them scanned. A sheet can be printed to help the Postal employee do this.

No scan no items delivered to the PO.

You can try and go to the PO and file a missing or stolen report also on the labels you have sent.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

I wouldn't usually be concerned but I have 20 people clambering for uploaded tracking since they paid on Sunday and it was sent priority mail. 

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

I work during the day so that is not possible for the most part.  Second, I live in a large city and every time I have gone to the PO only 10 people are let inside and the line is out the door and around the building.  One day it was about 2 hours in line.  I don't have time for that so I drop them off after hours.  I don't go to the PO for anything if I can do it online. 

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

@dogsrus3 wrote:

I work during the day so that is not possible for the most part.  Second, I live in a large city and every time I have gone to the PO only 10 people are let inside and the line is out the door and around the building.  One day it was about 2 hours in line.  I don't have time for that so I drop them off after hours.  I don't go to the PO for anything if I can do it online. 

Well you might want to hold of until thing straighten out.

I am not joking when I say the PO can and has said the item were never delivered.

Can you afford to lose so much??

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Wondering if any one know whether sending USPS PRIORITY is getting better more timely delivery than 1st Class & Media Mail.  

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

@donsdetour wrote:

You can try and go to the PO and file a missing or stolen report also on the labels you have sent.

That wouldn't do any good if they were never scanned.

Without a scan or receipt, there is no proof USPS has the packages.

Have a great day
Message 9 of 9
latest reply