cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USPS JERSEY CITY SORTING FACILITY PROBLEMS

Having a terrible time with two packages mailed 1/23/2017. In limbo for 7 days and now stuck in Jersey city, hours on the phone with USPS and no anseers why the packages are stuck there. I know the 2 services media mail and parcel select are slow , but sent hundreds of packages and never had a problem.One customer irate and getting really nasty. Tried to contact ebay but no reply from them. anyone have any suggestions or know whats going on?

thanks 

Message 1 of 43
latest reply
42 REPLIES 42

Re: USPS JERSEY CITY SORTING FACILITY PROBLEMS

Do they have insurance?

https://bio.link/langs
Message 2 of 43
latest reply

The only thing I can suggest is to file a LOST PACKAGE Investigation with MyUSPS and see what they have to tell you.  I have an item at ISC Chicago IL since the 15th and no answers as to when it might leave to be delivered to me.  Seems that since the holidays have passed they got rid of the senior personnel and kept the GREEN workers and they are not putting the packages in the right place.  Never had any issues til this January and have 3 that are hung or lost (one at processing center, one ISC as mentioned, and one out for delivery since the 18th).  Guess the USPS is getting overwhelmed dealing with the home delivery of UPS and FedEx Sure/Smart POST packages and forgot that their packages are just as important.

Message 3 of 43
latest reply

only what coverage ebay/paypal say as a covered /eligible item.

Message 4 of 43
latest reply

Thank you, I have opened USPS searches.

One very iraate and irrational buyer now wants money back (among other nasty threats), but an earlier conversation with ebay person last week said dont do it till it is returned to me or usps confirms lost.

I've never had this happen and am just beside myself :(((

Message 5 of 43
latest reply

I've only had packages lost at sorting facilities other than the one time I had 1 lost at the PO, whichb  was the week of Christmas and I think someone stole it out of the blue box.  I tried filing lost package claims too, but they never worked for me.  If your buyer is being like that, refund and block.  If you do open a lost claim, have them ship the package back to you if it's rerouted/found.  My buyers were nce once I told them what I was doing, and gave them numbers.  Let us know what happens.

Message 6 of 43
latest reply

Thank you, appreciate the support.

Message 7 of 43
latest reply

@boots8 wrote:

Thank you, I have opened USPS searches.

One very iraate and irrational buyer now wants money back (among other nasty threats), but an earlier conversation with ebay person last week said dont do it till it is returned to me or usps confirms lost.

I've never had this happen and am just beside myself :(((

When is the item supposed to be delivered to this buyer (last estimated date)?  You could file a cancel transaction which would give a refund and block the buyer from leaving feedback.  Carrier problems though neither the Seller or Buyer fault do happen and if the Buyer wants to be this irate about the carrier mess up then it is best to get as far away from them as possible and make sure to add them to your Blocked Bidders List so you don't deal with them again in the future.

Depending on the value of the item, intercepting it to be returned to you may be worth the effort or just letting it be delivered and washing your hands of it may be better for you.  Which ever is decided the Carrier needs to find it first and again if it was insured then the carrier is responsible for the expense of the item any way.

Message 8 of 43
latest reply

the NJ station has been horrible since day one. I've had more than my fair share of mailing nightmares through this hub. NJ buyers in general, to be honest, have higher return rates and nonpay rates than all other states combined for me.
Message 9 of 43
latest reply

thank you, good suggestions

Message 10 of 43
latest reply

I fear that the same issue is now occuring to me with a package I purchased from an e-bay seller that was mailed from Whitehall, PA - arrived in Jersey City on 5/21.  It was supposed to arrive yesterday and tracking still shows that it's 'in transit to destination' since then.   It definitely should have arrived by today considering the logistics.  I am located in western NY with family in central PA.  I mail packages to them and they send to me quite often and it NEVER takes more than 2, 3 days tops to receive in either direction.  And the tracking info online is always current and reliable - I have never seen a delay like this.  Also, Whitehall PA is not far from my family's area so....ONE: I don't understand why this package would even GO to Jersey City in the first place and of course, why it would take so long.  TWO:  If tampering with US mail is a federal offense, wouldn't these/our situations qualify as incidents the USPS should be taking immediate and affirmative action to resolve?  Or is it just plain incompetency on the part of the USPS to hire reliable staff for this location?  It's apparent the complaints are numerous and that the issue at this location (and others I hear) have been occurring for a few years now.

Additionally...I've been in contact with a seller from Chatham, VA about a package that I should have received late last week and after seeing all this, now fear that it too may be in limbo in Jersey.

**bleep**!!!!!

Message 11 of 43
latest reply

This "facility" is NOTORIOS for losing packages!!  Employees should be terminated!  HORRIBLE!!!

Message 12 of 43
latest reply

Thread is months old, why respond to it?

Member of the Grumpy Old Man crew
Message 13 of 43
latest reply

I also have a package stuck in this facility for two weeks now.  Post Office is no help at all.

@boots8 wrote:

Having a terrible time with two packages mailed 1/23/2017. In limbo for 7 days and now stuck in Jersey city, hours on the phone with USPS and no anseers why the packages are stuck there. I know the 2 services media mail and parcel select are slow , but sent hundreds of packages and never had a problem.One customer irate and getting really nasty. Tried to contact ebay but no reply from them. anyone have any suggestions or know whats going on?

thanks 

Message 14 of 43
latest reply

I have a package that was sent back to to New Jersey Distribution Center it was going it was going to Brooklyn 11207

Message 15 of 43
latest reply