cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USPS JERSEY CITY SORTING FACILITY PROBLEMS

Having a terrible time with two packages mailed 1/23/2017. In limbo for 7 days and now stuck in Jersey city, hours on the phone with USPS and no anseers why the packages are stuck there. I know the 2 services media mail and parcel select are slow , but sent hundreds of packages and never had a problem.One customer irate and getting really nasty. Tried to contact ebay but no reply from them. anyone have any suggestions or know whats going on?

thanks 

Message 1 of 43
latest reply
42 REPLIES 42

Re: USPS JERSEY CITY SORTING FACILITY PROBLEMS

Packages seem to be getting "lost" all over the United States at these distribution centers. Just google any DC in any state and you'll see multple complaints and horrible reviews. I have had at least four items get "lost" or delayed for weeks. Recently in May a valuable ring got "lost" at Jacksonville FL Network DC that I was mailing to someone, still "in transit" as of now. Got hung up on when I called that DC. Made multiple complaints/claims and got the usual runaround. One time miraculously after six weeks and multple complaints another jewelry item actually made it to the buyer. Something going on inside - good ol' boy network doesn't let anyone know what's going on behind closed doors at these places. Someone needs to blow a whistle...

Message 31 of 43
latest reply

I personally think there is a theft ring at this center. I’m out $1700. What I find ironic is that it is on us to get insurance. What other business would not make it right if their main service failed you?

Message 32 of 43
latest reply

Relocate so as to be serviced by a different USPS sorting facility, may not be an available solution.

Message 33 of 43
latest reply

@dudeness30pa wrote:

I personally think there is a theft ring at this center. I’m out $1700. What I find ironic is that it is on us to get insurance. What other business would not make it right if their main service failed you?

You might want to start your own thread on this topic; this one dates from last year. 

Give us some more details on what has happened so far, and when. What does your tracking currently show?

Message 34 of 43
latest reply

I concure...i have the same problem...Just like War of the Worlds...Packages go into the facility...but nothing comes out and no news is ever heard again! Could be a glactic portal or a gravity anamoly like the Bermuda Triangle. Simply unexplainable. I am leaning towards paranormal activity at this point

Message 35 of 43
latest reply

We now have at least two packages-shipped the same day and arriving in Jersey City hub at same time- in the black hole called 'in transit to next facilty.'

Ebay needs to step in because the customers are mad and us and Ebay who will lose business.  Post office has a monopoly and does not care to solve this problem.

Message 36 of 43
latest reply

@wesellsportstoyou wrote:

We now have at least two packages-shipped the same day and arriving in Jersey City hub at same time- in the black hole called 'in transit to next facilty.'

Ebay needs to step in because the customers are mad and us and Ebay who will lose business.  Post office has a monopoly and does not care to solve this problem.

Unhappy buyer

Unhappy seller

Unhappy ebay

Only USPS can step in and change that.

Message 37 of 43
latest reply

I have three eBay packages stuck in Jersey City.  They have been sitting there since December 9, 2018.  This is after a clerk at my local post office scanned the packages incorrectly.  I contacted the Jackson post office, who could not be bothered.  I am hoping that I start to see movement or I will be out a lot of money. 

Message 38 of 43
latest reply

I had the same situation with Detroit distribution center. They kept a package like a week (in summer so not very busy) so I called USPS and opened a case (I always call - never open an investigation online). In the same day the package showed up in Chicago distribution center so exactly the place I shipped the package. I talked to very nice lady from Detroit's post office and she told me that the package never arrived to Detroit. I said: there is a scan from Detoit distribution center so how it's possible? It's possible because the package should be in truck to Detroit and someone in Chicago just didn't move the package. But because it should be in truck there was an update: arrived Detoit distribution center with others. 

I met with this problem twice. So there is a chance that the previous distribution center has it somewhere and Jersey never got it, but I really think that there is a huge problem with Jersey and everyone should open a case with USPS as long as they do such things. 

Message 39 of 43
latest reply

My package has disappeared, last at this facility I hope it's found this doesn't make it look good 

Message 40 of 43
latest reply

Mu package also got lost since Jan 13th 2019, did you ever got the pkg?

Message 41 of 43
latest reply

I lost my pkg here since Jan 13th 2019, did you ever received yours ?

Message 42 of 43
latest reply

Hello Everyone,

Due to the age of the thread, it has been closed to further replies.  Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thanks for understanding!

Message 43 of 43
latest reply