cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USPS First Class Package shipped from Oklahoma to Puerto Rico is in California

This is the first time I have had an order from someone in Puerto Rico so I am not sure if this is typical or not. 

I printed the shipping label through eBay and it was scanned and accepted at my local post office in Tulsa, OK on 6/18. The tracking update on 6/20 showed it was in City of Industry, CA and then on 6/21 in Anaheim, CA.  No further updates in tracking today. 

This seems to be a very strange route for a package going from OK to PR -- but I am wondering if there are limitations in cargo flights from the US to PR and so it had to go to CA to catch a ride? Anyone have any ideas? 

Thanks!

Message 1 of 24
latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

Re: USPS First Class Package shipped from Oklahoma to Puerto Rico is in California

Don't ya just love it when things take the scenic route.  On one of my trips to Southeast Asia, I was routed from St. Louis to New Jersey to Hawaii and then to Saigon.  Oh well!  I wasn't in a real hurry to get back there anyway. 😉

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 16 of 24
latest reply

Re: USPS First Class Package shipped from Oklahoma to Puerto Rico is in California

Lol — maybe!
Message 17 of 24
latest reply

New Jersey to Hawaii?! Wow.. that was a scenic route!
Message 18 of 24
latest reply

Update: I opened a case with USPS on 6/25. On 6/26 the tracking was updated to show the package was in PR. On 6/27 it was “Available for Pickup”. On 6/29 it was picked up. 

Not sure if opening a case helped but things seemed to move along after that. 

I messaged the buyer several times during the process but she never responded, so maybe  they are used to delays (?) 

Thanks everyone for your input! 

Message 19 of 24
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have had packages shipped from Texas to Texas take a trip through Puerto Rico, Made it on time.. Had a package last month from Ohio make it to Texas( me) and then take off again for 10 days up in Minnesota was about 15 days late..... Some times they get out on the wrong truck etc... I find the more we pay Usps the worse they get.......

Message 20 of 24
latest reply

Often it is a mystery how and/or why a package goes from here to there.  I sent a small package to a client about 25 miles up the road in a small  beach community.  It arrived in about a week, with indications that it had visited Guam.

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 21 of 24
latest reply

Guam? Wow...
Message 22 of 24
latest reply

@curiousmo 

Yes, Guam. 

Just read this on another thread:  "I am waiting for an item coming from New Jersey to me in Southern California. It was to be delivered to me by June 30th. It is now July 7th and my package is sitting somewhere in Guam. "

Guess the trade routes are still in operation.

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 23 of 24
latest reply

Funny not funny! Makes you wonder if this is why they are having trouble with being financially solvent. 🤷🏻‍♀️ Thankfully this is the first package that took the way less traveled so hopefully that’s the last for a while. 

Message 24 of 24
latest reply