cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USPS Customs Form Requiring HS Tariff Code \ Restricted EASA Form 1?

I sell a lot of vacuum tubes for amplifiers and have never run into any problems until today.  
I'm shipping to the Netherlands, and the USPS customs form is now requiring me to use an HS Tariff Code, which I found, but it's saying it's restricted and I need an EASA Form 1 which is an exporter license.  **bleep** is going on here?  I literally cannot ship simple amplifier tubes to the EU without an exporter license?
I also tried another code for amplifiers and preamplifiers and that also comes up with the same warning, C119 Airworthiness tariff suspension: C119 (Authorised Release Certificate — EASA Form 1 (Appendix I to Annex I to Regulation (EU) No 748/2012), or equivalent certificate)

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: USPS Customs Form Requiring HS Tariff Code \ Restricted EASA Form 1?

Not sure about your issue.  There have been cases in the past where the getter spot on the tubes was mistaken for mercury. 

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

I remember reading posts about vacuum tubes being sent to the gsp center and then sent back to the seller because they wouldn't ship them out of the country. Have you sent them through the ebay international standard program before?  They might refuse to ship them as well.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

This is not the same problem.  This is the EU requiring tariff codes for shipment.  I've tried different codes that are related to amplifiers and not tubes and have the same warning come up.  The problem is that when filling a customs form while filling out the label, they now REQUIRE a tariff code before you can proceed, and apparently they also require an exporter's license as well.  I'm now forced to use eBay International Standard Delivery service which is horrendous and 75% of my shipments will either be lost or take 2 months to arrive.  Hopefully someone else has experienced this, it's hard to believe if no one else has. 

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

The big shipping companies have people to handle the paperwork but, they are not cheap either.  Private shipments through the mail are too "loose" in terms of customs and they worry what might be send into their country.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

What does usps website direct come up with (for printing a label, customs form etc.)

The Trade Agreement changes every year- just passed Jan 1 so new laws?? 

Message 6 of 6
latest reply