cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPS Overcharged on 10+ shipments in a row...

Anonymous
Not applicable

UPS has overcharged me by an average of 2x more than what Ebay tells me it costs to ship.   The best thing about this is I drop these off at a small hardware store in my town, and have them weigh and measure the packages too.  So I know each of these packages were the specific dimensions and weight that were entered on Ebay.

Ebay or UPS, whoever is wrong, is so bad at giving accurate shipping quotes, to the point that they were wrong 100% of the time on my last 11 packages.   Sometimes I nnoticed a package that is 8  pounds (2 bike tires) UPS marks as 18 pounds.   I believe this is criminal fraud and is stealing, intentionally adding on 10 pounds to make extra money should be investigated at the federal level, and people should be going to prison.

That's another great reality I have to accept now regarding selling on Ebay.  Ebay randomly makes up bogus shipping quotes, and then illegally charges you 2x more when it comes time to pay for the label.  

You know where that doesn't happen at?   Facebook marketplace.  

Message 1 of 42
latest reply
41 REPLIES 41

Would it be cheaper to use USPS priority ? I think it would. Look at their rates.

Message 31 of 42
latest reply

I’m not sure about UPS but FedEx is very liberal in their measurements as they have an automated system which measures the outer margins of every package. Overhang, unsecured tape, bulging boxes, etc, anything that can distort the package an add extra dimension against the measurements will be applied. 

Message 32 of 42
latest reply

@scorpz18  You need to open the details to see the breakdown.  On a PC it is to the right of the charge.

Message 33 of 42
latest reply

I did, that is where I got that little breakdown.  Hopefully the screenshot loads in

scorpz18_0-1648827014722.png

Message 34 of 42
latest reply

Well that certainly doesn't show the breakdown needed.   So will have to find out where that info got moved to.

Message 35 of 42
latest reply

@scorpz18  Waiting for ebay to us where they moved this information.

Message 36 of 42
latest reply

@scorpz18  Still waiting to hear from ebay, but in the mean time go to the label management page find the UPS label and under the Shipping Details/Cost column click on it.   See if that has more information.

https://www.ebay.com/ship/lmng/labels-history/seller-hub

Message 37 of 42
latest reply

Thank you for the help! I'll check that out later tonight and hopefully it shares more info. 

Message 38 of 42
latest reply

@rfmtm wrote:

@scorpz18  Still waiting to hear from ebay, but in the mean time go to the label management page find the UPS label and under the Shipping Details/Cost column click on it.   See if that has more information.

https://www.ebay.com/ship/lmng/labels-history/seller-hub

@scorpz18 

The details are under this link.  Click on the shipping cost details and then click show more.  It gives a complete breakdown of everything you were charged.

Message 39 of 42
latest reply

@autopartspuller  Thanks for checking.  I only have USPS labels to look at and those only show total cost.   Hopefully the UPS labels have the complete breakdown needed.

Message 40 of 42
latest reply

This is all that I could see in shipping cost details > 

scorpz18_1-1649262557284.png

Message 41 of 42
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 42 of 42
latest reply