cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPS Overcharged on 10+ shipments in a row...

Anonymous
Not applicable

UPS has overcharged me by an average of 2x more than what Ebay tells me it costs to ship.   The best thing about this is I drop these off at a small hardware store in my town, and have them weigh and measure the packages too.  So I know each of these packages were the specific dimensions and weight that were entered on Ebay.

Ebay or UPS, whoever is wrong, is so bad at giving accurate shipping quotes, to the point that they were wrong 100% of the time on my last 11 packages.   Sometimes I nnoticed a package that is 8  pounds (2 bike tires) UPS marks as 18 pounds.   I believe this is criminal fraud and is stealing, intentionally adding on 10 pounds to make extra money should be investigated at the federal level, and people should be going to prison.

That's another great reality I have to accept now regarding selling on Ebay.  Ebay randomly makes up bogus shipping quotes, and then illegally charges you 2x more when it comes time to pay for the label.  

You know where that doesn't happen at?   Facebook marketplace.  

Message 1 of 42
latest reply
41 REPLIES 41

For UPS the easiest and best discounts are obtained by linking your UPS account to your PayPal account for the PayPal discounts.  Do this by logging into PayPal and going to your Shipping Preferences.

Message 16 of 42
latest reply

Just saw this post, I shipped a one pound box with UPS, the box was clearly labeled 8x6x6

Upon pickup they changed the dimension to 8x7x6 which is not even a standard corrugated box size.

Why didnt they go the whole way and change all the dimensions?

Heck why not make it 10x10x8.

There have been multiple investigations into them overcharging.

I have been a shipper for years.

Heck of course maybe its my mistake for not reading the box dimensions clearly printed on the box right?

Oh and by the way I was shipping an item that weighs less than 1 pound, my bill read 2 pounds adjusted to 

3 pounds, gosh why did they just not mark it 10 pounds.

What a ripoff man

Message 17 of 42
latest reply

rochi-84

Dimensions printed on any box are the minimum inside dimensions, which are usually understated.  UPS and other carriers are only concerned with the outside dimensions, and this includes any bulge.

Dimensions are rounded to the nearest inch.  However, weight is rounded-up to the next pound.

Message 18 of 42
latest reply

It's FRAUD.  A similar situation happened to me using UPS and YES the exterior dimensions of the box were measured correctly and so was the weight that I provided! 

So please stop justifying what they are doing.  My fee was 2 Xs what I thought I would be paying (based on the price initially quoted by ebay vs. the final amount withdrawn by eBay (2 weeks after the package had already been delivered).  FRAUD!!!!!

Message 19 of 42
latest reply

Nobody is justifying anything, just saying many sellers do not enter the correct information.  However, that does not mean UPS or ebay doesn't make mistakes.  The problem is if you do not use your own UPS account, it is very hard to get it corrected when ebay is involved.

Message 20 of 42
latest reply

This is happening to me right now. Same scenario. I put in the exact dimensions and weight, rounded up to the next lb. 13$. One week after delivery I see a UPS charge for 26$. I dropped it off at a UPS store where they weighed and measured the box to confirm it was correct. I see no way of fighting this. 

Message 21 of 42
latest reply

@scorpz18  Did you get a receipt from the UPS store that confirms your information?

What was the to/from Zip Codes and dimensions and weight of the package?

Message 22 of 42
latest reply

Yes I have the receipt and all the information but do not have ZIP Codes on me. I can get that to you when I am back home

Message 23 of 42
latest reply

From 33025 to 94061. 42x6x6 4 lbs. 

Message 24 of 42
latest reply

@scorpz18   That package without any extra insurance, or added services, to a residence should have been $13.65 through ebay.  So something is not right.

Before you can contest this, you first you need to check the invoice details to see what the extra amount was for so we can see where the error was.

Message 25 of 42
latest reply

Where can I see the "new" invoice with the 26$?

Message 26 of 42
latest reply

Look here and click on view details at the right.

https://www.ebay.com/sh/fin/transactions

Message 27 of 42
latest reply

@rfmtm wrote:

@scorpz18   That package without any extra insurance, or added services, to a residence should have been $13.65 through ebay.  So something is not right.

Before you can contest this, you first you need to check the invoice details to see what the extra amount was for so we can see where the error was.

@scorpz18  It is important to check that invoice because UPS has lots of reasons they charge extra fees.  Like: rural delivery & redelivery being the most common.  There are many more but, they will tack those on automatically and you are obligated to pay.  Your invoice will break down your charges so you can see what you were charged for and if there was an error.

Message 28 of 42
latest reply

Only thing I see is shipping label fee when I check details.  I will check again from a desktop in the morning. 

Message 29 of 42
latest reply

I checked again and there is no breakdown or invoice on why the charge came back 2x what it was on ebay and confirmed to be at the UPS store:  All it shows is 4lbs which is what I paid for at 13$ and change.

Fee breakdown
 Description Fee type Fee amount Tax Total fee

UPS Shipping Label Fee
Tracking No: 1Z14V5270319517076 Weight: 4.0 L
-$26.31$0.00-$26.31
Message 30 of 42
latest reply