cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Resolution center link PROMOTES the INAD Seller Metric!!!!

tyler@ebay, brian@ebay 

Good evening Gentlemen,

I was helping an inexperienced Buyer process a return because they changed their minds ... so I told them to go to the Resolution Center link at the bottom of the page and use the Reason "changed my mind" ... they couldn't find it!  So I went their thinking I would send them the link and when I opened it I was shocked to see the ONLY two reasons shown are:

"I haven't received it yet"

"I received an item that does not match the Seller's description"

SERIOUSLY?  Then there's the big blue Continue button and the smaller link to the right of that about "My problem isn't listed here".  You can bet many Buyers will (and have been) simply click the INAD reason then the Blue Continue button and move on.  How is this set up fair to Sellers?  Either list EVERY reason for a return on that page or list none and put a simple "Start return" button and the next page have ALL the reasons listed.

I have always been against the highly subjective INAD Metric (for OBVIOUS good reason) and this set up simply increases the subjectivity of the entire INAD Metric.  THIS has got to be changed. 

WHERE ARE ALL THE REASONS FOR A RETURN?????WHERE ARE ALL THE REASONS FOR A RETURN?????

I tracked down another link from the Help pages and sent that to the Buyer ... the last place I want them going is the Resolution center page as shown above ...   Sorry, but this really irks me ...

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 1 of 31
latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

What percent of buyers receive an item that does not match the description?   In reality I bet it is less than 1%.  Oops package mix up, mailed sheets to buyer x and towels to buyer z when it should have been the opposite.   Or a seller lists a brand new can opener and buyer discovers pasta sauce on the wheel.    Yet with this choice the only other "reason" being given that cannot be proven via tracking number puts that percentage way up and just shows sellers are dishonest.   That way Ebay can back up their " buyer is always right policy" with numbers.  What a crock.

Message 16 of 31
latest reply

@chapeau-noir wrote:

@mr_lincoln   You are famous!

https://www.ecommercebytes.com/C/blog/blog.pl?/pl/2020/10/1602687919.html

@chapeau-noir   OH MY WORD!  Thank you for posting that ... hmmm, that means this thread has about an hour left in its life LOL!

Regards,
Message 17 of 31
latest reply

@mr_lincoln  is just like that Mr Washington fellow who said.... “I can’t tell a lie” ....He tells like it is!!

-Lotz

Message 18 of 31
latest reply

@needitlikea0inthehead wrote:

What percent of buyers receive an item that does not match the description?   In reality I bet it is less than 1%.  Oops package mix up, mailed sheets to buyer x and towels to buyer z when it should have been the opposite.   Or a seller lists a brand new can opener and buyer discovers pasta sauce on the wheel.    Yet with this choice the only other "reason" being given that cannot be proven via tracking number puts that percentage way up and just shows sellers are dishonest.   That way Ebay can back up their " buyer is always right policy" with numbers.  What a crock.

The way everything is set up there is no way to know the actual % of INAD returns that are actually INAD and not just a way for Buyers to force Sellers to pay the return shipping.  I also don't know how many Sellers engaged in Free Returns ... I did but that is NO protection against a Buyer selecting the reason INAD whether it is true or not.

At the end of the day it just simply isn't fair to grade Sellers on something that is so blatantly subjective.

Regards,
Message 19 of 31
latest reply

@chapeau-noir wrote:

@mr_lincoln  You are famous!

@chapeau-noir   Oh, before I forget, let me add that I'm sorry it took so long to reply ... that little Sign In glitch thing kept me off The Community pretty much all morning ...

Regards,
Message 20 of 31
latest reply

@mr_lincoln 

I've been making similar comments for several years regarding the TSR choices. Shipping is based on item weight/(dim's with some services), Seller & Buyers location and the options available with the particular postal services. "Some" sellers may inflate postage but the vast majority don't. Maybe build in a bit to offset expenses. Most buyers have limited understanding of actual postal charges or even any additional fees. As for delivery time  TSR that should be another non-starter. Once a package leaves a sellers hands they have NO control over any possible delays like system overload, weather or Covid problems. eBay's suggested transit times are best guess scenarios. 

-Lotz

Message 21 of 31
latest reply

@mr_lincoln wrote:

@chapeau-noir wrote:

@chapeau-noir   Oh, before I forget, let me add that I'm sorry it took so long to reply ... that little Sign In glitch thing kept me off The Community pretty much all morning ...

Whew!  I thought in your fame you had forgotten the little people. 

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 22 of 31
latest reply

@chapeau-noir wrote:

@mr_lincoln wrote:

@chapeau-noir wrote:

Whew!  I thought in your fame you had forgotten the little people. 

@chapeau-noir   No chance of that ... I just move on to other things after clicking "Sign In" over 1/2 dozen times with no results. 

Regards,
Message 23 of 31
latest reply

That ridiculous sign-in - sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, sometimes it's like 8 tries.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 24 of 31
latest reply

@chapeau-noir wrote:

That ridiculous sign-in - sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, sometimes it's like 8 tries.

To Sign in to eBay for me its 8 clicks and 2 Captcha slides.  Prior to The Community Sign in issue I could just click the link for The Community and automatically be logged in ... not any more ... it is like a separate Sign In ordeal.

Regards,
Message 25 of 31
latest reply

NOT GOOD at all. Some may choose that link and up go sellers INAD metrics so Ebay can make more money. That definitely needs to be fixed. Or maybe they do not want it to be fixed. I am not pleased with that at all and hope one of the Ebay board people respond to this on this thread.

Message 26 of 31
latest reply

It’s not good enough to have the good enough option. These options need to be crystal clear on these returns if ebay is going to penalize sellers for the WRONG choices.

Message 27 of 31
latest reply

Looks like they have t0 click the “my reason is not listed here” to get to the other options. Still, that is the one extra step the buyer will not take.

Message 28 of 31
latest reply

Free returns which we do does not 100 percent protect you from a false INAD. Some of therm are from a misunderstanding on the buyers part and once they hit that choice there is no way to change it. So, you hope that everybody else is getting the same percentage of that false INAD reporting.

Message 29 of 31
latest reply

Some of the new buyers do not know how to start a return. I have had several message me and ask “how do I do this and where do I ship this back”.

Message 30 of 31
latest reply