cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need advise on a return b

I had a buyer that bought a cb base station off of me for $130.00 dollars I stated in the description that it powers on but I do not have the capabillities to test fully and which I do not right now I am just starting to sell a few vintage base station,ham radio and cbs but it is clearly stated that it is untested beyond powering on and then the buyer opens a return case for the item not working and missing parts which I did not accept because I stated i can only power on and nothing else but he openly admitted that he tooke it apart and even posted photos of it took apart and you can see everything inside had dust on it except the one place where the supposed missing part would have been and the wires had brand new heat shrink tube on it and the buyer has openly admitted to being a cb mechanic for a number of years and the model he bought is a fairly hard to find model in any condition which makes parts almost impossible to source did offer the buyer a partial refund even offered to send him a somewhat cheaper model base station which was around 50 dollars cheaper only because he said he had a friend that had got covid and really wanted one so I was trying to do the guys supposed friend a favorand send him another bone but he would not accept anything less than a return label and full refund  I know the person I got it from along with numerous other Item very well and everything he has told me about something has been 100% true about the item working condition so I know it worked but did not sell it as a working unit only power on was all I guaranteed it to do and the buyer asked eBay to step in and the decided in the buyers favor isn't tampering with an item against ebay return policy I have tried to find with no luck whatsoever but I appealed the case should I stick with my original decision or suck it up and  become yet another seller that ebay let become the victim of another fraudulent buyer I included the photos which showed everything the best also

Screenshot_20201015-081227.png

Screenshot_20201015-081216.png

Screenshot_20201015-081202.png

Screenshot_20201015-081155.png

  

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

All you can do is pay it's return if you want it back.  You could try and speak with a supervisor at ebay but sellers lose almost every such case. Worse with all the Covid-19 they are very under staffed and there is no one who can help.  It's just a risk of selling here.  Sorry I don't have better news.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Regrettable that these users are just using eBay to get free parts.

This is theft and you should file with proper law enforcement.

There is noting eBay can do.

Do file a report buyer with details so that it is one file.

It is abuse of the return process. State all facts, and if you do file a fraud theft complaint with PO, loca,l or federal law enforcement get a copy and include it with the report.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/resolving-buyer-issues/reporting-issue-buyer?id=4084 

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

For future reference, items sold as used, need to be fully functional and tested as such, not just powered on. It you don't have the equipment to fully test it, you should sell it as for parts only

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

I reported him as soon as he sent photos of it taken apart and after everything is said and done they will be reported to the federal Internet fraud department

Message 5 of 5
latest reply