cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution to get ebay to stop screwing sellers on returns/refunds

I work in the insurance industry and think I've figured a way for ebay to get this act together and stop screwing folks.

Anytime ebay does not follow their own return/refund policy I am going to file a claim with my insurance company for theft. I will file a police report, reporting ebay as the culprit and submit a theft claim. I will provide the insurance company will the police report and all of the documentation. Once ebay has insurance company after insurance company subrogating against them for recovery of stolen funds they will get their act together perhaps. You nor I have the time to screw with ebay but our insurance companies and their lawyers certainly do. I will also be reaching out to an attorney friend of mine to see if they want to look into a class action lawsuit against ebay for being in violation of the own policies costing sellers, what I can only imagine is in the millions of dollars. 

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: Solution to get ebay to stop screwing sellers on returns/refunds

@chribaco wrote:

I will also be reaching out to an attorney friend of mine to see if they want to look into a class action lawsuit against ebay

Be sure and have your friend read the terms that you agreed to when you signed up to sell here.

Have a great day
Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Funny..but Ebay does follow its refund/return policy. And that is their mbg,that buyers will be refunded for items not as described, or items not received.As suggested,read over the users agreement that you agreed to before selling on Ebay, where you agreed not to sue them. Good luck.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 3 of 12
latest reply

I came back after being gone awhile, and listed two auctions as a test. One item has fell into a Postal black hole, and is missing. The buyer of the second auction is demanding a refund because they "changed their mind". The buyer writes that the item is not defective or misrepresented, but clicked the "defective" button anyway, to get a full refund plus return shipping for an item marked nonreturnable.

Goodbye Ebay! 

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Smart buyers will always use that option to get a refund, and Ebay supports all snad buyer complaints. When its he said, she said..Ebay will always support the buyer.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Benjamin Franklin: "That it is better 100 guilty Persons should escape than that one innocent Person should suffer."

eBay: " That it is better 100 sellers should be ripped off than one buyer should suffer."

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

you are saying smart buyers, but they really are dishonest and they do get a free ride, all what they have to click defective or not as described,e bay should have semi column for detailed reason,   e bay will not to do anything about it,  less work for them.also today and few times before i was just reading the reason for return and clicked on next and than e bay e mail popped up  that i accepted the return, which i did not.  i would like to know if this happened to any one else. thank you

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

e bay should have an additional check point for more details, but that is more work for them, i am very angry about it, my pics and description, chart conversion does count at all

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

I will let others fight Ebay. I am going to finish these two stressful sales, and leave Ebay. I clicked send refund and close the case, even though the buyer admitted that the item was not defective or misrepresented in the comment section below the "defective" button. 

I then went over to the seller fees section to get a refund on my $3 Final Value Fees. Apparently, Ebay is no longer giving out a Final Value Fee credit for sales that ended with a refund, only giving fee credit now when the buyer does not pay??? So, even though I am an honest seller, I am out $25 purchase price, $6 shipping, the physical item that might not be returned, and $3 in Ebay fees? Even if my sold item was free (it wasn't), I am out $9 for a mess that I did not cause?

I can't wait for this to be over, so that I can turn off Ebay! I just hope the Post Office finds the second item that I sold, and is currently "in transit" and "delayed". 

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

Glad thats not the situation! 

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

MY FRIEND...HOW ABOUT THIS...LAST MONTH I SOLD A RADIO WITH A SEPARATE NAVI SYSTEM...THE DUDE SAID THAT THE SCREEN IS BLANK...BUT THERE IS A MESSAGE IN THE SCREEN THAT SAYS 'CHECK YOUR DISK"...THE NAVI DISK WAS NOT PART OF THE SALE.  THE BUYER SENT TWO PICS SHOWING THE MESSAGE.  THE BUYER THEN CLICKED THE DEFECTIVE RETURN BUTTON.  THE BUYER GETS AUTOMATICALLY REIMBURSED. THE BUYER SENT THE RADIO AND THE NAVI SYSTEM BACK...THE ITEM IS SO BROKEN, I CAN'T PUT IT BACK FOR SALE.  I SENT EBAY ABOUT 30 PICS, AFFIDAVITS, STATEMENTS, AND STILL, THEY BLATANTLY TOLD ME THAT THE ONLY THING THEY CARE ABOUT, AND NO, I AM NOT JOCKING, THAT IS EXACTLY HOW A SUPERVISOR IN RESOLUTION DEPT TOLD ME.. THEY ONLY CARE AND ONLY READ THE REASON FOR THE RETURN. SO IF YOU SAY THAT IS DEFECTIVE, NOTHING ELSE MATTERS.

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

AND I AM OUT OF A $200 AND $30 SHIPPING OUT OF MY POCKET

Message 12 of 12
latest reply