cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping prices

Why are some sellers jacking up shipping prices so high ??? There's no way it costs $100 + to ship a 10 lb item !!!! This shouldn't be allowed !! I know there's a handling fee sometimes but some of these shipping prices are ridiculous !

Message 1 of 28
latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

Shipping prices

Depends on the size more than the weight . Shipping is expensive right now.

Message 2 of 28
latest reply

Shipping prices

No **bleep** !! I sell enough stuff to know how much its cost and by weight and size. My point ppl are over charging for shipping to make more money on an item ! 

Message 3 of 28
latest reply

Shipping prices

No shipping prices are actually down right now if you stay away from USPS !!

Message 4 of 28
latest reply

Shipping prices

If you sell then you know sellers are charged fvf on shipping as well as the price of the item.
eBay allows sellers to determine what shipping costs should be. 

You also should know shipping is not just postage, there are shipping materials, time spent packing and taking package to the shipper, gas ( we all know that isn't cheap either). 
If you don't agree with the cost of shipping then find another seller whose shipping is more to your liking. 

Message 5 of 28
latest reply

Shipping prices

Yeah right !! No one else **bleep** about it. There's no way it costs what some clowns are asking is my point !!!!

Message 6 of 28
latest reply

Shipping prices

Ebay charges the same FVF on both the item and the shipping. No extra profit for the seller there.

If a buyer is willing to pay an inflated shipping fee, they are motivated or stupid enough to pay the same amount in a higher product cost.

There should be no extra profit over raising the price of the item.

I think shipping prices are up, but I exclude FEDEX Ground from my choices because every shipment that arrives here via FEDEX Ground looks like crap, even if it isn't damaged.

I have great sympathy for Fred Smith who has to live with what his great company has become.

Message 7 of 28
latest reply

Shipping prices

24 x 17 x 13  10lb box

10pk.JPG

Message 8 of 28
latest reply

Shipping prices

But yet they're doing it and getting away with it is my point .

Message 9 of 28
latest reply

Shipping prices

And that's why i won't use USPS anymore !

Message 10 of 28
latest reply

Shipping prices

"But yet they're doing it and getting away with it is my point ."

If a buyer wants/needs the Thing badly enough and is willing to pay the shipping cost as shown in the listing, 
then, yes, that seller is "getting away with" asking a high shipping price.  

Do you think eBay should hire people who review each and every listing to try to catch listings with what you consider to be too-high shipping prices?  

Message 11 of 28
latest reply

Shipping prices

They should definitely do something about it. There's a lot of crooks out there these days !!! 

Message 12 of 28
latest reply

Shipping prices

@mikekardo wrote:

No shipping prices are actually down right now if you stay away from USPS !!

Shipping prices are also WAY down for USPS as well.

6 months ago- You could ship a 3 lb item Ground Advantage across the country for about $14.

Used to be $19 as it could ONLY ship Priority (over 16oz- using ebay labels or usps.com)

2 months ago Ebay matched what Pirate Ship and some others were doing- Cubic- so now that same item costs $11. From $19 to $14 to now $11.

Pretty good deal (although depending on dimensions)

Message 13 of 28
latest reply

Shipping prices

I got an item yesterday (GA) that arrived in a black plastic bag with clear tape wrapped around and around and around it. 😑

It was a clothing item, so I was very careful to undo the mess by hand (afraid I'd snip it if I used scissors)... only to find the item secured in a brand-new USPS FR bubble mailer underneath the black taped-tight plastic with the GA label affixed to it.

I threw it (and a few bad words) across the room before I opened it. Misuse of USPS products is a huge pet peeve of mine. Thieves like that keep prices up for all of us. 

Message 14 of 28
latest reply

Shipping prices

We can't see the listing or item so have no idea WHY the shipping is that high so everyone is just making a bunch of wild off the cuff guesses.  What is the item?

Might want to read all the post about FedEx's over charging that have been posted for the last couple of weeks. 🙂

Message 15 of 28
latest reply