cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping label suddenly password protected

Hello community after I purchase a label thru ebay, and then try to print it I get a technical difficulties try again message: 

Screenshot_20240420_195556_eBay.jpg

 and I also get 2-3 printer error ebay shippimg label this document is password protected notifications:

Screenshot_20240420_194525_Print Spooler.jpg

 so then I save label as pdf, and try to print label thru saved file and at the last step I get the pdf is password protected message:

Ive triedScreenshot_20240420_194610_PRINT.jpg

I've reset my printer, I've tried redownloading with diffrent pdf viewers, I've tried printing by sharing file with the printer, etc. I've sold hundreds of items on ebay  and NEVER had a single problem printing labels. Now I have several purchased labels that I'm unable to print. I had not changed anything prior to this happening. I almost just went to buy a brand new printer (this one is only 2 years old) but I honestly don't know if it's printer related, ebay related, mobile app related, or even user error related. So frustrating. Any ideas are greatly appreciated! Thank you

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: Shipping label suddenly password protected

Have you tried a different browser? 

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

I had been using the mobile app, but I just tried a browser and this time my printer just printed a blank page. It sounded exactly like it does when it prints, but it didn't. Almost like it printed in white or something I don't know. Also got the same error notifications as before. Just about ready to office space this printer and get a new one lol

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

I had been using the mobile app, but I just tried a browser and this time my printer just printed a blank page.

It might be worth trying a different browser. Some browsers have trouble dealing with PDFs using the built-in utility; it might also be worth setting your browser to open PDFs using a PDF reader such as Adobe Reader.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

I just printed 5 labels without issues. I used Edge on my PC I have the app, but I don't use it for my eBay biz, too many strange quirks with it, I find using a desktop or laptop seems less fiddly compared to the app. 

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

If you can't get that specific label to work with any browser, using Adobe to read the file, you may consider voiding the label and purchasing a new one just in case there was an issue tied to that specific label.

We used to get that password problem, but it was several years ago and eBay fixed it. I haven't seen it since.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 6 of 10
latest reply

I've had the same issue that just started in the last week. I've sold hundreds of items and have been printing my labels the exact same way without fail until last week. I talked to ebay support and they are useless. What i did to circumvent is click print label which opens the select printer/save as pdf displaying the label take a screenshot crop it, save the image as a pdf and then im able to print. 

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Same problem here. Going to try the screen shot. But eBay please fix.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

I've had the same issue.  I am able to print them through my computer by not with the app on my phone.  I get the password protected issue.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Are you guys using iOS or Android and are you using the latest version of the app?

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 10 of 10
latest reply