cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping being charged in my funds and to my account on file.

My God must be another defect season..

Not only do we need to babysitt every item specific, shipping size, and now have to keep hourly checks on what's being charged where..I am starting to see why a bank would fraud lock.

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: Shipping being charged in my funds and to my account on file.

If you don’t have funds available to pay for shipping, eBay will charge your payment method on file. You agreed to it. 
Setting up and changing your payment method for fees and selling costs.  

Why you need a valid payment method

If you don't have a valid payment method set up for selling costs, your selling activity could be affected, or we may need to charge outstanding costs to your linked payout bank account.

There are a number of reasons we may charge your on-file payment method or linked bank account for outstanding costs, such as:

• eBay fees, including insertion fees, final value fees, international fees, ad fees, and other fees
  • Refunds
  • Shipping labels
  • Store subscriptions
  • eBay Money Back Guarantee refunds
  • Payment dispute refunds

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

You would have to be much more specific to make your ranting thread make ANY sense.

But...it does look like you are selling things that ship for TWICE what they sell for. 

If you are using PENDING funds and didn't have enough there; then the site would take from the same account that they deposit it.

If you are using Paypal and you don't have enough funds in there, Paypal would then take from your 'other 2nd choice' that YOU made.

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

Ok, Let me bounce the ball on the syllables for ya..

Yes it shows shipping paid out of available funds, and yes it shows charges to card on file..

And yes its been corrected.

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

I don't understand why we have to pay for the shipping labels if we don't offer free shipping. I never offer free shipping, so of course the customer is paying for shipping when they purchase my item, so I've never understood why I have to pay for the shipping label after the buyer already paid for shipping. This has never made sense to me.  On other platforms when I sell an item, all I have to do is print out the shipping label, & it costs me nothing. Any clarification on this would be extremely helpful! Thank you so much! 🙏

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

On eBay, the buyer pays the seller (YOU) for shipping and you, in turn, pay for shipping out of those funds.  The buyer does not pay the shipping company directly for shipping.  The seller does.  

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

Ok, thank you! It would be so much easier to me if it was the other way around, but I get what you're saying. Thank you so much for explaining this to me! I really appreciate you! 🙏😊

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

Glad to be of help.  But have to ask: What "other way around"? 

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

@ambermarie3737 wrote:

Ok, thank you! It would be so much easier to me if it was the other way around, but I get what you're saying. Thank you so much for explaining this to me! I really appreciate you! 🙏😊

Doing it this way allows you to add a handling charge. It also allows you to buy your postage elsewhere, and to take advantage of any discounts you might be able to get from UPS/FedEx.

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

@ambermarie3737 wrote:

Then the buyer would have to come to your place, get the item and go to the PO and post it............ You see where I am going with this.

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 10 of 13
latest reply

By other way around, I mean like how it's done on Poshmark & Mercari where after I make a sale, I just print out a prepaid label.

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

Ok thank you so much! l really appreciate your help! 😊

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Yes I do! Thank you so much! I really appreciate it! 😊

Message 13 of 13
latest reply