cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping Labels For Used Lithium Batteries

Does eBay have a link to download required labels that need to be added to outside of packages to be shipped by ground (a requirement) for used lithium batteries?  Should the battery be inserted in device or wrapped separately in package? Thank you 

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Have you reviewed the eBay announcement along with the linked USPS publication?

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Announcements/USPS-Hazardous-Materials-Requirements-in-Effect-Now/ba-p...

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Did you ever get a clear answer?  I've seen the links provided but am overwhelmed. 
I assumed I could check the "hazardous" box on USPS (calculate a price) that would provide me with a simple answer, but I'm starting to feel that there is no simple answer since it depends on so many factors.
Still, I am pretty sure eBay does NOT provide those labels.
I think the following is true, but I am not confident:
-I read that it's okay to print your own labels.
-I read that the UN3481 label can be used for rechargeable lithium-ion laptop batteries when they are shipped with other equipment and the UN3480 label is for the same type of battery if it is shipped alone.
-I read that if you are shipping used batteries, you need to specify ground shipping.
-And I THINK leaving the battery installed is better.
Any clarity on these would be appreciated.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Hello. With so many things to consider I decided not to include the lithium battery in my listing. Plus I had never used it to test if it was in good working condition although it most likely was. The best place is to go to the Post Office in person and find a person knowledgeable on shipping used lithium batteries.  eBay doesn’t appear to have those labels (I think) but the Post Office should. Go to more than one if it’s a small Post Office and they don’t have the staff or are unfamiliar. There are at least two labels when it’s a used battery and of course ground shipping only for safety reasons. Good luck. 

Message 4 of 4
latest reply