cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping Label Default Issue

Just noticed this morning (10/20) that Ebay labels are defaulting to a service other than what is set in your listing.

In the past... it was not uncommon if a buyer purchased more than a quantity of 1... that your preset service would/could be subject to an override to the next possible service because of change in weight/size.

This is NOT what's happening. Random options of any sort may be selected by Ebay's shipping system regardless.

Please be aware and double check what is selected before purchasing/printing the label.

Appears to be yet another Ebay glitch.

Again... double check before assuming all is normal.

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: Shipping Label Default Issue

same just happened to me. listing is for first class, ebay selected priority. thank god I noticed the cost of shipping was double all of a sudden!! 

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Same here- they even changed a media mail book that we sold for $4.99 to Fed Ex overnight for $44.35! Better fix this quickly eBay, or you will have a bunch of angry sellers !

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Yes, every label I printed today defaulted to a shipping method not even offered in my listing.  Also, when I changed the shipping date, after I had chosen the correct method, it recalculated and defaulted back to the wrong one again.  I almost hit purchase before catching it for the second time.  Stop it!!!

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

All my listings are for USPS Priority Mail shipping; the default was FedEx.  I caught it and of course printed the correct USPS label,  it did it to BOTH of the labels I was printing this morning.

At the bottom there was also a UPC to scan; first time I saw that too!

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

All my Priority labels have FedEX overnight automatically selected today too.  What idiot is going to spend 40 bucks to ship a $20 set of sheets?????

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Same is happening to me!!!

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

Ebay - PLEASE FIX THIS.  Every single one of my labels is defaulting to FED EX overnight!  One mistake and I'm going to have a $70 or more label to void.

Why is it not defaulting to what the buyer selects?

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

Same here, item listed as USPS Priority shipping, FedEx Overnight selected by eBay. How do I fix this?

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

@jrkirk wrote:

Same here, item listed as USPS Priority shipping, FedEx Overnight selected by eBay. How do I fix this?

OP above here, managed to get USPS priority label printed after several tries, but it sure was not easy, as the default FedEx Overnight that eBay shipping selected, was very persistent, and kept trying to get me to print the FedEx label. If this happens to you, don't give up, keep clicking on your selected shipping methodology, in my case USPS Priority, and it should eventually work to print your preferred label. At least, it did work eventually for me. jk

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Use a web browser it worked for me

the app looks broken or hacked 

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply