cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipment Acceptance at Post Office...forever

Don't know if this problem is unique to my local post office - Orlando, FL - but I've been finding that when orders, especially international ones, finally hit "Shipment Acceptance at Post Office" it often takes longer for the post office to get them to delivery status than it took the order to get to them.

I've currently got one item that's been chilling in acceptance at my local PO since July 27th and it was shipped from overseas on July 12th - heck - even customs managed to get the package through in just four days.

Got another one that's also been sitting there since July 29th so someone is clearly in there checking things in - they should also be checking them out.

So anyone else having this problem?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Shipment Acceptance at Post Office...forever

I had a package that said it was at the post office for 2 weeks then suddenly it out for delivery. It could possibly be moving and it just isn't being updated.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Back in may one package shipped May 8th.

Made the Denver distribution center and locked down.

Purchaser request refund, no choice but to give.

Item was delivered May 23. Of course no money or item and the first negative.

Second was May 22, it got locked down at NJ distribution.

Finally delivered on June 1st.

This was a rare item and the purchaser was willing to work with us on this.

I am lucky it worked out.

On the accepted it appear they are not updating the files or the USPS may be having difficulty with the computers they are using to get updates.  Could also be that due to no overtime the employees are just not getting the job done.

Of course there is eBay idea that the time to deliver should be guaranteed: when the only excuse I got from USPS is delivery time is just an approximation.

A bit of a contradiction on eBays part.

It seems it is going to get worse before it gets better.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Thing is that it's at MY post office so the only place for it to go is from wherever they tossed it when it was received to my home.

I've got two sitting there now and will have a third by the end of the week.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

The packages are at my post office so being an honest person, I'm not about to demand a refund just because my post office has been sitting on them for a week.

They do this with every overseas purchase I make, letting it sit in "Shipment Acceptance at Post Office" and then within two weeks or so they'll finally get around to tossing it into a truck and delivering it the three miles to my home.

I've tried going in person but they always claim they can't track/find foreign tracking numbers.  >_<

Just lazy/incompetent.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply