cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller gives me bogus address in return case

I recently attempted to return an item damaged due to improper packing. I used a prepaid return label from ebay, and the item was picked up by the post office. Ebay registered the item in their system as shipped. However, a week after I shipped it, it returned to my doorstep with an insufficient address label on it. After checking google maps, I found that the adress, street name, city, and zip code, while close, did not match. The seller was also not very helpful in the return case, as he lied to ebay about the broken parts on the item and his packing methods. Fortunately, ebay ruled in my favor. What should I do?

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Re: Seller gives me bogus address in return case

@connopower6 wrote:

I recently attempted to return an item damaged due to improper packing. I used a prepaid return label from ebay, and the item was picked up by the post office. Ebay registered the item in their system as shipped. However, a week after I shipped it, it returned to my doorstep with an insufficient address label on it. After checking google maps, I found that the adress, street name, city, and zip code, while close, did not match. The seller was also not very helpful in the return case, as he lied to ebay about the broken parts on the item and his packing methods. Fortunately, ebay ruled in my favor. What should I do?

Did you get your issue worked out?  Would you please give the thread an update.

@connopower6

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 16 of 16
latest reply