cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay Software update Needed !!!

Software change that causes problems and would save Ebay themselves a great deal of time.

I an an old vet with Ebay, and been in this type of sales before there even was an ebay.  Ebay needs to change there software in the listing process to not reflect "waiting to be shipped", when anyone lists an item with "LOCAL PICKUP ONLY" checkmarked. Very simple.... In years past we were actually penalized when  you didn't ship an item in a timely manner, after the winning bid was in,  "Even if itwas Local Pick up items..?", . There was no, and still is no way, to avoid a black mark because of this without a long drawn out process with ebay administrators. WE all know how that goes...Our business largely has down sized very dramatically & quit looking at this seriously for quite a long time now because of such nonsence & more.   Best you can do is  place a small banner  or text on your picture, and in the description, "Loudly", or get on their case like we are attempting to do.....This is a simple fix for the Ebay guy's !!

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

I an an old vet with Ebay, and been in this type of sales before there even was an ebay.  Ebay needs to change there software in the listing process to not reflect "waiting to be shipped", when anyone lists an item with "LOCAL PICKUP ONLY" checkmarked.

It is there for a reason.  It will remain there until it is paid for.  If you get payment upon pick up, all you need to do is go in and mark it paid.  Then it disappears.

Very simple.... In years past we were actually penalized when  you didn't ship an item in a timely manner, after the winning bid was in,  "Even if itwas Local Pick up items..?", .

That isn't completely correct.  The shipping clock starts at the time of PAYMENT, not the purchase of the item.

There was no, and still is no way, to avoid a black mark because of this without a long drawn out process with ebay administrators.

Do you mean customer service?  It is doubtful you are actually getting to chat with Ebay Administrators.  But if you are, how are you contacting them?  Just mark your item Paid when it is paid and shipped when it is shipped.  Problem solved.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

It is abundantly clear that the person that replyed to my commentary has "Absolutely no clue as to what I'm talking about"....it really does require a little  tiny bit of experience.......I rest my case.... We've pulled away from Ebay a long time ago. To much of this type mentality fo me....

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Just mark it as shipped. I've done on my main account several times
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@liquidations05 wrote:

It is abundantly clear that the person that replyed to my commentary has "Absolutely no clue as to what I'm talking about"....it really does require a little  tiny bit of experience.......I rest my case.... We've pulled away from Ebay a long time ago. To much of this type mentality fo me....

I understood exactly what you said, so being rude is not necessary.  You may disagree with my observation, but just because you don't agree with me does not mean what I said isn't true or valid.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 5 of 5
latest reply