cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scam Address?

I have sold 2 items in the last two days to foreign people who are having me ship items to a US drop off center both in Portland, Oregon.  The one today shows the address above in my Subject.  Both Buyers have "0" Feedback so looks to be new accounts.  I googled the address and it shows FY EXPRESS as a rental unit.  I'm wondering if these two purchases are Scams?

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Scam Address?

Yes, it's most likely a scam.  I had a similar sale to Miami to a zero feedback buyer.  I called ebay and they told me to cancel the sale using the reason "Something wrong with Buyer address".  The buyer will claim they received an empty box.  Ebay will support you but Paypal or the buyer's credit card company will not.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

There are many US sellers who prefer not to sell to international buyers.

There are also many international buyers who want to buy from US sellers.

The solution for that issue is a freight forwarder.  There are several on the east coast, mostly serving European buyers.  There are also several on the west coast, mainly serving buyers in the Far East.

These are legitimate freight forwarders as is the one you mentioned.  All you need to do is ship to the address you are shown when the buyer pays.  

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Hi @kandinsky55 ,

You got two good but somewhat opposite replies from @soh.maryl  and @schilt1 .  My experience has been good with foreign Buyers using US forwarding  companies on both coasts.  I don't recall all the Feedback counts over the years but there have been no returns and no charge backs.

Now, one thing you failed to mention ( and this may be important) is WHAT did you sell?  Some items are higher risk (and scam targets) than others. 

Mr. L

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

@kandinsky55 

If you were selling phones or laptops, I might be a little worried about shipping there.

The last 2 items you sold, I don't think they would be on a scammers want list so I don't think you have anything to worry about if they have paid.

Have a great day
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

So why did the CS rep tell schilt1 that it's likely a scam?

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

I think that Portland is safer than Miami or Deleware

I will always ship when I have been paid.............heck.its the USA we are talking about

the folks that use a reshipper or FF are going out of the way to make a deal happen so I say ship it

If you ask me I think the reshipper could easily rip off the buyer but they dont

I think many buyers put blind trust in the reshippers

here at ebay we are very familiar with all of them

take Doral lane for example.....the post office sends them so much stuff they seem to have changed zipcodes  or split it for them.and I mean that in a good way

Germantown proud Germantown strong
up the whiskey hickon
moving right along
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

I think the customer service team just tells sellers what they are expecting to hear

the are expecting trouble so they mention it.you can just about sense trouble if you google the address

thas why I say "take bad news on the internet with a grain of salt"

I woud never ask a CSR if I should ship an item to them

I dont have that kind of time to figure out the simple solution and that is to ship it

Germantown proud Germantown strong
up the whiskey hickon
moving right along
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Thank You@

Message 9 of 9
latest reply