cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCAM

About two months ago I bought an electric guitar ESP LDT KH-602 from after reading about the guitar very carefully and made sure the guitar is brand new of course, I even asked the seller if the guitar is brand new like in the item description and he says yes, a 100% brand new, so I decided to buy the guitar. After I payed him everything in one payment $899 plus the $60 or so shipping ( soon you'll understand why the shipping is not so high) I waited and I was so excited to get it already. When I got the message to come the guitar from the post office I needed to pay 17% tax for the $899 plus the shipping so I payed, I knew I need to pay and I was okay with that.

When I got home I took the guitar out of the box, the box was closed and was no damaged or anything.

After I took the guiatr out I saw that the guitar has pretty serious cracks on the back and scratches on the front wich I couldn't see on the pichtures because the seller logo was on it. I sent the seller a message and he tried to give me all kind of excuses and when he understood I'm very serious about it and I'm not going to leave it and forget it and do nothing he offered me $200 but I didn't axxept that and I told him what I think is going on here so he offered me $500 refund or full refund if I bring him back the guitar the same condition I got it. I still didn't play the guitar so all I know the guitar has some scatches and cracks. so I thought about it and didn't agree right away because it was weird, why would he offer me $500 I mean that's a very nice refund for some cracks and scratches so after thinking about I decided to agree because I didn't want to send him back the guitar and lose money on the tax which is about with the shipping $180 which is a lot of money especially if you live in another country, I live in Israel. Apparently the full refund is not included the tax I payed.

So after he refunded me $500 without even refund the tax on the $500 I played the guitsr and it was okay but acouple of day I noticed that the neck and bridge pick up doesn't work very well and sometimes doesn't work at all. Maybe he thought that I'm from another country so I can't and won't do anithing about it.? I don't know. Is there anything I can do about it? I bought the guitar about 2 months ago. I added some pichture so you can see some of the damage because you can't see the pick up that doesn't work. Look at the last pic s-l1600 you can see that the O of the phntom doesn't let you the scratches. And that's why the seller didn't even have pichtures of the back of the guitar because he didn't want people to see the damages on the guitar.

Do you think it was a scam? Because I can't think of any other word for what he did.

I hope there is something I can do about it but if not I just wanted that people will hear my story and be careful when they buy online especially when you pay good money .

Pay attention to every little detail when you buy online, as questions before you buy and as for more pichtures so you can see the whole item you buy and not just part of it. Be very careful even if a seller has good feedback.

Message 1 of 28
latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

Re: SCAM

James, don't take this the wrong way but as a contributing member of just about every technical forum on earth I will say that a solid wall of text is a killer for responses, so I condensed/ paragraphed it for you. Sorry, no disrespect but I know how us people work.

original question paraphrased:

About two months ago I bought an electric guitar, ESP LDT KH-602, Listing says brand new, the shipping box had no damage.

After I looked at the guitar I saw it had pretty serious cracks on the back and front. I sent the seller a message, when he understood I'm very serious he offered me $200 but I didn't accept, so he offered me $500 partial refund or full refund if I send him back the guitar in the same condition I got it.

So after he refunded me $500, I played the guitar and it was okay but a couple of days I noticed that the neck and bridge pickup doesn't work very well and sometimes doesn't work at all. Maybe he thought that I'm from another country so I can't and won't do anything about it.? I don't know. Is there anything I can do about it?

Do you think it was a scam? Because I can't think of any other word for what he did.
Message 16 of 28
latest reply

Why did you do that? That is only half the true not even half. People need to read everything I wrote to understand the story, what really happened.

People need to lmow where I bought the guitar so it won't happen to them too.

that's what I wrote.

About two months ago I bought an electric guitar ESP LDT KH-602 from phantom forty eight after reading about the guitar very carefully and made sure the guitar is brand new of course, I even asked the seller if the guitar is brand new like in the item description and he says yes, a 100% brand new, so I decided to buy the guitar. After I payed him everything in one payment $899 plus the $60 or so shipping ( soon you'll understand why the shipping is not so high) I waited and I was so excited to get it already. When I got the message to come the guitar from the post office I needed to pay 17% tax for the $899 plus the shipping so I payed, I knew I need to pay and I was okay with that.

When I got home I took the guitar out of the box, the box was closed and was no damaged or anything.

After I took the guiatr out I saw that the guitar has pretty serious cracks on the back and scratches on the front wich I couldn't see on the pichtures because the seller logo was on it. I sent the seller a message and he tried to give me all kind of excuses and when he understood I'm very serious about it and I'm not going to leave it and forget it and do nothing he offered me $200 but I didn't axxept that and I told him what I think is going on here so he offered me $500 refund or full refund if I bring him back the guitar the same condition I got it. I still didn't play the guitar so all I know the guitar has some scatches and cracks. so I thought about it and didn't agree right away because it was weird, why would he offer me $500 I mean that's a very nice refund for some cracks and scratches so after thinking about I decided to agree because I didn't want to send him back the guitar and lose money on the tax which is about with the shipping $180 which is a lot of money especially if you live in another country, I live in Israel. Apparently the full refund is not included the tax I payed.

So after he refunded me $500 without even refund the tax on the $500 I played the guitsr and it was okay but acouple of day I noticed that the neck and bridge pick up doesn't work very well and sometimes doesn't work at all. Maybe he thought that I'm from another country so I can't and won't do anithing about it.? I don't know. Is there anything I can do about it? I bought the guitar about 2 months ago. I added some pichture so you can see some of the damage because you can't see the pick up that doesn't work. Look at the last pic s-l1600 you can see that the O of the phntom doesn't let you the scratches. And that's why the seller didn't even have pichtures of the back of the guitar because he didn't want people to see the damages on the guitar.

I hope there is something I can do about it but if not I just wanted that people will hear my story and be careful when they buy online especially when you pay good money and be careful of this seller phantom forty eight.

Pay attention to every little detail when you buy online, as questions before you buy and as for more pichtures so you can see the whole item you buy and not just part of it. Be very careful even if a seller has good feedback.

Message 17 of 28
latest reply

You seemed to be happy with what you paid in total concerning the guitar until you found that it was damaged.  Then you agreed to keep it and accept the sellers $500.00 partial refund.  Then the pick up stopped working so now you feel the seller scammed you.  I'm sure that $500.00 will more than cover the repair of the pick up (or you can take the other posters up on helping you solve your problem probably free of charge).  So--fix the pick up and you'll be back to being the same "happy" as you were when the seller gave you the $500.00 back.

Message 18 of 28
latest reply

I was no happy with the $500 refund but I decided to take the refund and fix the crack and scratches because I paid tax for the $899+shipping and I didn't want to lose the money so I figured it's better to accept the refund instead losing almost $200 tax. Unfortunately after I accepted the money the pick up stopped working. So even after I accepted the refund I still lost tax on $500. If I knew the guitar was second hand in that condition I would never buy it. Even if I would I wouldn't pay $899 and then I wouldn't pay tax on that $500 dollars.  Because he didn't refund me the tax on the $500 dollars.

And what really makes me angry is people here scam people all the time and ebay doesn't do anything about it and people like you trying to make me look bad and the scammers look like heroes because he refunded me part of the money he should have never got from thr first place.

Message 19 of 28
latest reply

By the way you can check the feedback I give to sellers, the best feedback ever and I even send them many clients just because they did thier job and nothing more.

I say that because it looks like you are trying to imply that all I care about is the money. Yes I care about the money because that's lots of money but it's not just about the money.

If you will read the post I wrote very carefully and pay attention to the details you see what I mean. 

Message 20 of 28
latest reply

Thanks,  Hebrew is my #2 language (out of seven ) and based on 79 ,  he is indeed a youngster...I wish I could go back in time...cry

Message 21 of 28
latest reply

Sorry for "offending you" ,but I guess my  potential  offer to help you with a free repair in Israel  would  be considered as "patronization"... Good luck.

Message 22 of 28
latest reply

So I guess that based on 3839 you are? 79 is not my birth year.  It is a number that has meaning for me.

People should not draw conclusions.

“A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking.”
Dan Chaon

Message 23 of 28
latest reply

You know exactly what I meant but that's okay. Forget about.

We all make mistakes.

Message 24 of 28
latest reply

"..We all make mistakes.."

The only diference that "my mistake " cost is 0, for me, and yours will come with a price +VAT...

p.s. Picture is from Goole ,but this is one of my 45 high end guitars...wine_glass

Message 25 of 28
latest reply

My mistake will come with price+VAT?

Message 26 of 28
latest reply

payed is not a word, it's the name of the guy at the corner store
║█║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█║ ║█║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█║ ║█║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█║

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please
Message 27 of 28
latest reply

James, how did this workout? do you still need help?
Message 28 of 28
latest reply