cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Returns

Just took a royal screwing from ebay. Buyer states item arrived chipped. Asked on 2 occasions for photo of damage and condition of package item was sent in. No response either time. If damaged during shipment I could have processed claim and buyer would have refund. USPS needs  photo of packaging along with damaged item to process insurance claim. Today I received notification from ebay that the buyer sent the photos I requested and I did nothing so they sided with buyer. I contacted ebay and informed them buyer did not communicate or cooperate at any time.  According to ebay, the buyer sent 1 photo on today's date! and since the decided the case the photo is not available for me to view. Talk about a coincidence, buyer sends photo same time case is closing. WOW!!! 1technician and 2 supervisors later, i could not get them to grasp the fact that this buyer did nothing and ignored my communications until the 11th hour. Buyers word is all that is needed for ebays support. They do not recommend buyers photograph items. If the buyer doesn't have to send the photos USPS will not process the insurance claim. Believe it or not, all the employees I spoke with today acknowledge the fact that photos are required, I was told by all that they don't mandate buyers cooperate with the seller.  In addition, be advised that, according to Jared at ebay resolution department, Ebay hires the resolution staff to handle these types of problems and no one is "permitted" to speak with their supervisors. Nobody gets past the resolution team.  I'm guessing ebay must be in the land of OZ! 

Message 1 of 26
latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Re: Returns

You can't get into any kind of discussion with the buyer, right when they first contact you get one chance to make the right choice and you have to act and hope you're right.

In this case I would have either asked the buyer to 'return for refund' or I would have went ahead and opened a claim with the USPS and then told the buyer what is expected of them.

Simple, one or the other, no playing around, no getting into discussions over what this or that.

Message 16 of 26
latest reply

As advised, you needed to open the claim with the carrier and then inform the buyer of that.  THEN, you need to make ebay aware of the fact that your buyer will not cooperate with that claim.  Get it on record of what ebay advises you to do.  

Ebay is the one charging you for the cost of that insurance, ebay is collecting fees on that cost!  Then ebay is the one condoning the buyer not cooperating in a seller's claim for that coverage.  This needs to be addressed.

Did you contact Trinton as advised above?

Message 17 of 26
latest reply

@Anonymous or @Anonymous

Can we get a lock on this older thread please?  :penguin:

Message 18 of 26
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @lintbrush*! I saw this one earlier but the conversation is still active/relevant. I'll leave it up for now just to make sure the OP is able to get further help if needed. Thank you!

Message 19 of 26
latest reply

Has everyone noticed how many threads are open on buyers opening claims of damage and then not required to prove ANYTHING?  How ebay is just advising them to open a claim and then advising the seller to just refund?  This is encouraging many buyers to do just that.  Open a damage claim, or just send a message staing damage, and then get a free item?

This needs to be looked into.  A buyer should have to click on a popup of acknowledgement that they will cooperate in any claim information needed for the seller's claim before they are entitled to a dime, and then ebay should be putting that case on hold if the buyer will not supply that info within the 3 days that they give the parties involved.  A simple escalation by the buyer gives the seller an unresolved strike and the buyer a free item in most cases.

Then ebay tells the seller that they need written proof of the claim being denied, but tells the buyer they get their item for free, regardless.  Just not right.  Ebay keeps mentioning secret coverage, but without letting it be known that a buyer IS responsible to cooperate with a claim and doesn't just get a free item, they are just breeding MORE scammers.  Is ebay really so desperate that this is the type of buyer you want?  MORE scammers?  Point somewhere besides your own feet.  Take the bull by the horns, be proactive to curb this growing scam.  Ebay needs to do the right thing here.  

Message 20 of 26
latest reply

And this is why sellers should be able to leave feedback regarding their experience with the buyer! Negative or Positive.
Message 21 of 26
latest reply

Feedback means nothing.

money talks.  Ebay has no skin in this game, they just take money from sellers and give it to scammers.  Ebay is BREEDING scammers.  This needs to stop.

Message 22 of 26
latest reply

I have had a customer recently try the ole get the refund and keep the merchandise, well I fought it and it was time-consuming but it worked, I got a negative feedback that they are supposed to remove but we will see...good luck on refunds

Message 23 of 26
latest reply

old thread, had not noticed.

Message 24 of 26
latest reply

Dear eBay Community,

I had received the 'Original OEM Lenovo SM-8861 Wireless Mouse' which is broken. Impossible to contact right people for reimbursement. My access code 4UQGABSE is all times denied. I purchased this on May 6, 2017. I believe eBay offers better service. I like to have my many back 

Message 25 of 26
latest reply

Hello Everyone,

Due to the age of the thread, it has been closed to further replies.  Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thanks for understanding!

Message 26 of 26
latest reply