cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Returns for stated “not as described”

Does anyone else think frequent eBay buyers know the system about not as described and if they have buyers remorse, automatically state that even though what they state as not as described is not only described but also photographed them we have to pay shipping back and forth? 

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Re: Returns for stated “not as described”

@graceathome12 wrote:

Does anyone else think frequent eBay buyers know the system about not as described and if they have buyers remorse, automatically state that even though what they state as not as described is not only described but also photographed them we have to pay shipping back and forth? 

@graceathome12 wrote:

All sales have effectively become approval sales, If the buyer so chooses to make it so with a NAD, seller pays shipping back & forth .

Message 2 of 18
latest reply

Ebay agent told me that Ebay does not even look at the actual listing when deciding cases for items not as described. How would then know it is not as described. I was told they simply go by what the buyer states. Just had a return myself. Customer sent me pictures of an item that was not mine. I refused the return. Ebay refund him the money from my paypal account and allows the thief to keep my item and grants them a full refund on top. You can sell whatever and the buyer simply states that you sent him an apple and Ebay will happy refund their money. I been selling on ebay for 20 years and have 100% positive feedback. This buyer had a 0% feedback.

Message 3 of 18
latest reply

I've been selling five years and have had more ebay approved automatic returns these past two months than in the entire 5 years. Had one today. The blouse is 'off-white'! No, it's white! Not pink green blue. It's white! I had another NAD in sweats/joggers pants. They turned around and bought the exact pant in a bigger size. This is **bleep**.
Message 4 of 18
latest reply

@tiddley-winks wrote:

I refused the return. Ebay refund him the money from my paypal account and allows the thief to keep my item and grants them a full refund on top.

So your buyer got a double refund? Are you sure about that, @tiddley-winks.

Message 5 of 18
latest reply

Ebay refunded to the buyer, the purchase price and the shipping cost from my paypal account and allowed the buyer to keep the item he had purchased from me.

I'm out the cost the shipping and he gets to keep my item. The buyer who has a 0% rating, first opened up a case for item not received. I provided the tracking that showed he had already received the item and the case was closed by Ebay. 6 hours later he opened new case for item not as described. He has a full refund from my paypal account and ebay has said he can keep my item.

Message 6 of 18
latest reply

I have had 5 cases open since Christmas. In 20 years of selling on ebay I had none previously. 2 were for items not received. In both case items had been received prior to opening cases. One had the item for 25 days before opening the case. Our International label does not show the tracking no., so I believe that the buyers didn't thinking I had tracking. Cases were closed, but they still tried to scam me. 3 cases were for item not as described. All were either 100 year old used lamp part pieces and one used previous worn jersey. Both buyers got full refund thru ebay from my paypal account and ebay did not require either buyer to return my items

Message 7 of 18
latest reply

It’s making it really hard to decide what to do with the more expensive items. I hate having to learn a new system. Ebay guarantees bc it has zero expense in doing so. It always comes from us, yet my description and photos were absolute.
It’s been this way but I just never did, in the 2-3 x over 5 I’ve had a return not as described. It’s always for an expensive item and improper return. Last one about 2-3 years ago was for literally a pin dot. On the side of a shirt placket. A tiny pinpoint dot. Of course I didn’t see it. It was brand new, I’d never worn the tickets were still on and who looks at the inside of new merchandise from expensive stores and even sees a dot. Not a pen dot a pinpoint down down by the lower button on the inside of shirt placket.
Thanks for your comments. Insuring and paying shipping back and forth on no return items that there is no point in having no return. It almost makes me Leary of big buyers and buyers with one or two reviews or purchases. Remember when we could block them? Can we still?
Message 8 of 18
latest reply

We can block buyers, but filtering buyers with low numbers still doesn't solve the problem. My last case was opened by a buyer with a 0% rating, but the others were not. They were actual buyers and sellers on ebay, but at the same time, I have had many people buy from me that also sell on ebay too.

Check this out. I had a buyer purchase several pieces of a 100 year old oil lamp tied together by string. It is how I found them and pictured them. Listed them in the correct as parts and described them as " includes all seen as found.

The buyer opened a case for items not as described. He got to keep my lamp parts and ebay refunded him the full cost from my paypal account. 

A week later he is selling a lamp he has made himself and describe it as being made from 100% used parts. Try to convince me that my parts made not be on this lamp. His last feedback as a sellers is a negative for. get ready, not accepting a return.

Message 9 of 18
latest reply

I have cancelled over 70 auctions since this started happening and because of it have now try a different platform with hi bid twice and have been quite satisfied. No shipping, no returns.

Message 10 of 18
latest reply

Ebay told me the buyer is not required to look at the photographs!  He can return it because he wants to..

Message 11 of 18
latest reply

It is apparent that a buyer does not need a legitimate  reason to request a return at the seller's expense.  I believe that Ebay is allowing this to continue to force sellers to use EBay's more expensive global shipping and now they have introduce the same for international shipping.

Message 12 of 18
latest reply

When sellers don't take returns, buyers know if they are not happy with an item, the only way to get their money back is to file an INAD.

Myself, I won't buy from a seller that doesn't take returns.

I want to know that if I'm not satisfied with an item, I can return it, even if I pay return shipping.

Have a great day
Message 13 of 18
latest reply

I understand what you're saying. I do accept returns. I disagree with ebay policy that I must give the buyer 60 or 90 days after they have received their purchase to make a return. I'm a responsible seller and will accept a return and pay the shipping if I incorrectly described what I have sold, but I not a store and will not accept a return because you have changed your mind. In 20 years on ebay I have never sold anything that is new. Items are antiques and vintage previously owned items. I have spent my life at auctions and do not know of any that accepts returns. I give my best honest opinion of what I see. I spend a great deal of time picturing these items, so that you know exactly what you're buying. I answer all questions. If I'm unable to test it, I sell it as is. If its works I will stated it and guarantee it. If I wrong, I will accept the return at my expense.

If you purchased an item from any store that has discounted the item as a final sale they will not accept it as a return and that is new never used items.

Don't know anywhere that sells used items and accepts returns and certain not at there expense.

I work hard at buying and selling and I want my feedback to actual means something.

Message 14 of 18
latest reply

After he begged me not to, I recently opened an unpaid case against a buyer who had failed to pay, ignored my messages, and then repeatedly lied about the reason he'd made an offer on the item in the first place. I'm not a sadistic person by nature but I thought this person was terrible and it was immensely satisfying to know that, for a change, a buyer would actually be meaningfully penalized for their horrible behavior. This is probably little consolation to you but when this happens in the future (and if you continue to sell here, you know it will), try to remind yourself that if enough people report and block bad actors, they'll eventually get tripped up and lose their privileges. If someone is dishonest with you once, chances are pretty good that they're routinely dishonest.

Message 15 of 18
latest reply