cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacement

If I request replacement for a defective item, do I have any protection if the replacement is also defective? Should I just ask for a refund instead?

I bought the item with during the earn an extra 9% ebay bucks promotion. If I return it, do I lose the chance to earn the extra 9% ebay bucks? I will have to buy another item, but would only get 1% ebay bucks on it.

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Re: Replacement

@connection7,

Protections for replacement items can be tricky to deal with if the replacement also does not work. You can only file one return request per item which means trying to get a refund if the replacement is bad has to be done through PayPal and you have to pay the return shipping to get a refund.  Your best bet is to file a not as described dispute get the refund and find the item from a different seller.

As for the 9% promotion, Since you paid I do not think you lose the points you got for the purchase, because of a not as described situation. I'm not absolutely sure about that though, because I don't bother with the ebay bucks promo.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 2 of 2
latest reply