cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Returning of an Apple Watch

Hi,

I purchased an iPhone from Walmart and an apple watch from eBay to use them together. However, there was a miscommunication and looks like I didn't quite understand the plan. It was a long 12 months plan and then I decided to return the Phone to Walmart. And as I don't have any iPhone now, I decided to return the Apple Watch too.

However, when I contacted the Seller, he said I am abusing the return policy and won't get full refund. I asked him to know more about the detail of the violation and also how much would he be able to refund me. 

It is for three days and he hasn't responded yet. The returning deadline is 10 January and I am really not sure about what to do. If the refund is significantly lower then I don't want to return. But if it is slightly less I want to return it because I really need the money. 

What should I do?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

What is your seller's return policy?

"Those who enter the arena unarmed or unprepared are quickly dispatched."
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

You need to check the refund policy for that seller, there may be a restocking fee applied and in most cases like this you would need to pay return shipping. 

Im not saying youre abusing the return policy, but you should try to see it from the seller's point of view too. 

Is the apple watch new or used ? 

if it is new, it becomes very difficult to re-sell a new opened at near full price. 

Try to work it out with the seller and it shouldnt be an issue, however in the future you really need to think about large purchases.

If you check other options such as the apple store, your seller should also know this same policy. Returns are accepted within 14 calendar days. 

That means that as long as the product has been purchased directly from Apple (either at a retail store or online), customers have 14 days to return it from the date they received it. But to get a refund, the device must be repackaged with all the cords, adapters and documentation that were included when it was bought.

Good luck with the return.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Instead of burning the seller, you should sell it yourself.  Unless there is some other reason you are returning it to the seller that you haven't mentioned...

Message 4 of 4
latest reply