cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regional Rate Box A Shipping Option No Longer Available

I noticed that Regional Rate Box A and B options are no longer available.  Does anyone have any info. on this?  Thanks. 

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: Regional Rate Box A Shipping Option No Longer Available

USPS is discontinuing Regional rates on Sunday January 22, and eBay has apparently decided to stop offering this postage ahead of schedule. You can still purchase Regional postage through other online postage sellers such as Pirateship and USPS Click N Ship.

The official USPS memo about discontinuing Regional rates says that you will be able to use those boxes at regular Priority Mail rates starting on Sunday January 22.

https://faq.usps.com/s/article/Regional-Rate-Boxes

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Thanks, I just saw this in the shipping thread after I posted this.  

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

great communication to your sellers ebay!!

disappointing....

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

On January 9, eBay issued a long Announcement with details about all of  the upcoming USPS rate changes. That Announcement did mention that the Regional boxes were being discontinued by USPS.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Yes I saw this a few weeks ago and couldn’t believe it. I’ll be losing about 5 dollars for each regional A box that may have to go Medium Flat Rate. I’m working on figuring the thresholds for using calculated weight and dimension packages which may help a bit if the shipping destinations are close. Have to kind of learn the limits of dimensional rates since it’s a rather newer thing and I’m mainly selling clothing that is very pliable and can work itself into various dimensions.

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

@iamalwaysright wrote: .... Have to kind of learn the limits of dimensional rates since it’s a rather newer thing and I’m mainly selling clothing that is very pliable and can work itself into various dimensions.

USPS "dimensional weight" only applies to packages with a volume over 1 cubic foot (1728 cubic inches), so that's not a worry for anything that could fit into a Regional A box, which has a volume of merely 350 cubic inches.  Or were you meaning to refer to Cubic rates?  You can still use up (and even order) your Regional A boxes for Cubic rates.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

I found this on Pirate Ship regarding calculating Priority Mail Cubic:  https://www.pirateship.com/usps/priority-mail-cubic

redlmc_0-1674163241055.pngredlmc_1-1674163452395.png

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

UPS ground has been beating USPS prices lately for most packages. I shipped a package last week with UPS that was under $8, which is even cheaper than a USPS padded flat rate envelope! Hopefully this is an option for you. 

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

Have you tried using the USPS bubble wrap envelope? 

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

You’re responding to a thread that’s nearly a year old. 
If a flat rate mailer is big enough for what that person needed a box for I’m sure he/ she would have thought of that. 

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply