cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refunding customers after 30 days

Hello, in the past few months I have received 3 requests for refunds and have issued return labels. It has been 30+ days and items have not been returned.  Because of the delays of the post office, should I wait longer to refund? I have not seen any tracking info for returns.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Refunding customers after 30 days

@sentimentalsightsandsounds 

If you did what is required when a buyer files a return, you don't refund until you receive the item. Once the buyer returns the item, the tracking should be uploaded to eBay. Once you receive the tem back, you should refund. 

If you issue the refund before you receive the item back, you could loose the item. eBay will close the case and you won't be able to get anything.

At this point, I would just wait it out. 

Hope this helps!

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

IF buyer has shipped the item and you didn't receive it for while then you should call ebay, so ebay will fund to that buyer if buyer later appeal for it. i have faced this situation many times. USPS now adays has no funds and they are delaying the packages .

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

If you did what is required when a buyer files a return, you don't refund until you receive the item. Once the buyer returns the item, the tracking should be uploaded to eBay. Once you receive the tem back, you should refund. 

If you issue the refund before you receive the item back, you could loose the item. eBay will close the case and you won't be able to get anything.

At this point, I would just wait it out. 

Hope this helps!

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Don't do anything until something is returned.

If they don't ship anything back, the case will time out and close.

Have a great day
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Thanks. That's what I did and don't feel I owe a refund.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply