cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question? more a bit of a rant

"My post and opinions are my own and not necessarily those of my employer"

We sold an automotive engine control module to a customer (that turned out to be a module re-builder and seller) I have no problem with that we often sell them to companies that do that.

Well a return was opened on this module and the reason given was "just didn't like it" and of course the module that was returned is not ours. The original listing has pictures with our markings that we put on our parts and the module that was returned has different markings,different color and location and also has a couple of tamper/ warranty void seals with the module re-builders name on it. but all 

We are a top rated seller so my question is has any one actually refunded the 50 % as we are suppose to be able to do and not ended up getting penalized .

I know that is how it is suppose to work but is it worth even doing or as we often do should we just eat it.

Yes, I will report the buyer as I do on the rare occasions that some one sends back there old non functioning part and will add them to our block list. The cost of the module was only $110.00 so even though it is a loss it could be a whole lot worse it just starts to get discouraging when this **bleep** happens and I guess this one bugs me even more because it is a seller screwing another seller.

Any thoughts? advice? and again thank you for your time.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

It is a seller ..... another seller

Honesty lies in the individual , be it a buyer or a seller

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

@hebertsusedautoparts wrote:

"My post and opinions are my own and not necessarily those of my employer"

We sold an automotive engine control module to a customer (that turned out to be a module re-builder and seller) I have no problem with that we often sell them to companies that do that.

Well a return was opened on this module and the reason given was "just didn't like it" and of course the module that was returned is not ours. The original listing has pictures with our markings that we put on our parts and the module that was returned has different markings,different color and location and also has a couple of tamper/ warranty void seals with the module re-builders name on it. but all 

We are a top rated seller so my question is has any one actually refunded the 50 % as we are suppose to be able to do and not ended up getting penalized .

I know that is how it is suppose to work but is it worth even doing or as we often do should we just eat it.

Yes, I will report the buyer as I do on the rare occasions that some one sends back there old non functioning part and will add them to our block list. The cost of the module was only $110.00 so even though it is a loss it could be a whole lot worse it just starts to get discouraging when this **bleep** happens and I guess this one bugs me even more because it is a seller screwing another seller.

Any thoughts? advice? and again thank you for your time.

I think it's worth it. There's no shame in utilizing a function that ebay creates for us for this specific reason. I do it when I get back worn/used/stained clothing (eeeeew), especially when the buyer bought underwear.

A few times the buyer appeals my decision to not give a full refund... ebay just pays them out out of their pocket. I've been protected from feedback and defect. So to answer your question: Yes.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply