cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6 days since purchase and no shipment tracking update

I live in the UK and ordered a item from the US. Estimated deliver date is between Wednesday the 12th of feb and Tuesday the 3rd of March. I placed the order on the 4th of February. On the 5th a tracking label was created and now it's the end of the 10th and there has been no update on the tracking. It's being shipped with USPS under first class international shipping, I've tracked both through Ebay and their website and no update. 

I've sent a email to the seller and I'm yet to get a reply. Should I open a case with Ebay now then wait till the 3rd of March before I take further action? Would this guarantee I get my money back should the item not arrive by the 3rd of March latest? Any info and advice is welcome. 

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

What is the item you're waiting for? Someone will correct me if I'm wrong but if it's a first class envelope or non-machinable envelope, it's been assigned a reference number but tracking isn't available for those two mail types. You don't have a basis yet for opening a case so it's probably a good idea to hold off on that until the item is officially late.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Sellers are not not required to ship immediately -- they may have a handling time than can be anywhere between "same day" and 30 days.

As a buyer all you need to worry about is the Estimated Delivery Date.

If that passes, you are covered by the MBG for Items not Received.

Look at you Purchase History to see the Estimated Delivery Date on your order. You cannot file a claim until AFTER that date has passed … and you have 30 days past that date to open a claim.

https://www.ebay.com/help/buying/returns-refunds/get-help-item-hasnt-arrived?id=4042

penguins_dont_fly is a Volunteer Community Mentor
Buying and Selling since 2013

Message 3 of 3
latest reply