cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchase with wrong address but contacted the seller

I understand completely that it was stupid of me to complete the transaction without checking the shipping address. I forgot that it had been a couple years since I last used eBay (I have moved since then). I understand there are many posts similar to what I am asking have been asked before, but I couldn't find any exactly like my situation after searching for an hour or so.

Anyways, I quickly realized my mistake and messaged the seller hours before they printed out the shipping label for my item. However, they have not responded, and I am worried that the item may have been shipped to the wrong address. 

Is there any way to get a refund? I don't have a PayPal and paid with a AMEX card.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Purchase with wrong address but contacted the seller

Not all sellers are able to respond to your address change request ... they may have language or logistical hurdles.

Contacting the seller right now is the only thing you can do.  If it ships, depending on the service, you might be able to work with the carrier to get the item routed to you ... if it is USPS, I would suggest going to the post office that handles mail for your old address and talking with a supervisor there.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Not all sellers are able to respond to your address change request ... they may have language or logistical hurdles.

Contacting the seller right now is the only thing you can do.  If it ships, depending on the service, you might be able to work with the carrier to get the item routed to you ... if it is USPS, I would suggest going to the post office that handles mail for your old address and talking with a supervisor there.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

eBay, PayPal and Amex probably won't back you up, because you needed to change your address before you paid.
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Alright, thank you so much for your advice!
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Can you put a change of address at the post office? Can you call the post where you used to live and explain? If the package is returned to the seller,you lose your shipping fee and you have to repay shipping.

When a buyer makes this error,they do not deserve a refund if the item is lost.
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Thank you for the information
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Understood, thank you for the advice!
Message 7 of 7
latest reply