cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems in the USPS

I'm experiencing problems with both in & outbound shipments.  The same problems occurred 2 years ago.   This disruption has me filing multiple insurance claims, watching shipments traveling in the wrong direction, arriving and then leaving final destinations for other cities.  The only change in this disaster in the works has been a statement by Postmaster General Luis De Joy that he has made changes to cause these disruptions in the delivery services of the USPS.  It appears that the timing of these "changes" is to cause political interference to the vote once again.   Luis De Joy is a fraud, he has not made the Post Office profitable by any of his changes to services.  Capitol Hill changed policy in regard to pension funding requirements that had burdened the USPS's ability to be solvent.   This policy only came after De Joy's commitment to purchase gasoline vehicles, not electric to replace the aging fleet of vehicles.  The purchase of electric vehicles was proposed when these pension funding restrictions became required.  This was to prevent the purchase of electric vehicles.  Now that USPS will purchase gasoline vehicles the restrictions have been lifted, making the USPS profitable.

These political games being played, disruptions to services, all serve to privatize the USPS. 

Postmaster De Joy continues to destroy the reputation of the Post Office and everyone that does business by mail.  We need to protect our businesses by calling for the removal of Postmaster General Luis De Joy before he can implement his new service plans for the USPS. 

Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Re: Problems in the USPS

The packages I've shipped out have been moving without any problems but the USPS did manage to lose the only two items I purchased in July. One was first class and hasn't been scanned in 36 days, the other is media mail and that hasn't been scanned in 43 days. Both packages went missing in New Jersey. Missing mail searches were initiated with no success. I have since been refunded on both items.

Message 16 of 20
latest reply

Package mailed from Northern Cal. Sierras going to WA, package disappears, gets scanned into the system 2 weeks later in TX.  That wrong direction. 

Message 17 of 20
latest reply

USPS will remain in a hiring posture in the coming years, DeJoy said at an American Enterprise Institute event in Washington on Wednesday evening, as the net reductions represent only one-quarter of the attrition the agency expects to see over a similar period. The postmaster general had not previously outlined his final vision for the impact his 10-year business plan would have on the size of the workforce, speculating last year he might spearhead a net growth. 

“Right now, to get to break even, I think we may need to get 50,000 people out of the organization,” DeJoy said. "But that's OK, because over the next two years, 200,000 people [will] leave the organization for retirement.”

When you quote something, it needs to be in context.

Message 18 of 20
latest reply

@bk_ecommerce wrote:

This disruption has me filing multiple insurance claims, watching shipments traveling in the wrong direction, arriving and then leaving final destinations for other cities.  

This part caught my eye. The usual reason for tracking that seems to ping-pong between cities, or arrive at the destination and then leave again, is because the package was scanned going into a shipping container, but not when it came out at the destination.

Thus tracking will continue to follow the container on the assumption that the package is still inside, unless or until the package is directly scanned somewhere else. (The two common types of package scan are a direct scan of the package itself, or a container scan of the location in which it's assumed to be.)

As soon as the package gets a direct scan anywhere, scans of the container in which it was previously traveling are no longer logged.

Message 19 of 20
latest reply

That clears things up a bunch! 

Message 20 of 20
latest reply