cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems in the USPS

I'm experiencing problems with both in & outbound shipments.  The same problems occurred 2 years ago.   This disruption has me filing multiple insurance claims, watching shipments traveling in the wrong direction, arriving and then leaving final destinations for other cities.  The only change in this disaster in the works has been a statement by Postmaster General Luis De Joy that he has made changes to cause these disruptions in the delivery services of the USPS.  It appears that the timing of these "changes" is to cause political interference to the vote once again.   Luis De Joy is a fraud, he has not made the Post Office profitable by any of his changes to services.  Capitol Hill changed policy in regard to pension funding requirements that had burdened the USPS's ability to be solvent.   This policy only came after De Joy's commitment to purchase gasoline vehicles, not electric to replace the aging fleet of vehicles.  The purchase of electric vehicles was proposed when these pension funding restrictions became required.  This was to prevent the purchase of electric vehicles.  Now that USPS will purchase gasoline vehicles the restrictions have been lifted, making the USPS profitable.

These political games being played, disruptions to services, all serve to privatize the USPS. 

Postmaster De Joy continues to destroy the reputation of the Post Office and everyone that does business by mail.  We need to protect our businesses by calling for the removal of Postmaster General Luis De Joy before he can implement his new service plans for the USPS. 

Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Problems in the USPS

Louis DeJoy has brought NO joy to the post office. It's a shame that scumbags hired by the previous orange dotard are allowed to keep their posts.

Message 2 of 20
latest reply

Problems in the USPS

@ms.rodriguez* 

What is 'the previous orange dotard'? I'm confused...

@bk_ecommerce 

I still ship using USPS exclusively. Sorry you're having trouble, but I still get lots of bang for my buck with them.

Message 3 of 20
latest reply

Problems in the USPS

Everything has to be political. Never mind that the president DOES NOT ASSIGN THE POSTMASTER GENERAL.

Postmaster General is given the job by a board of governors. 

Message 4 of 20
latest reply

Problems in the USPS

"I'm experiencing problems with both in & outbound shipments.  The same problems occurred 2 years ago.   This disruption has me filing multiple insurance claims, watching shipments traveling in the wrong direction, arriving and then leaving final destinations for other cities."

I've been shipping USPS without issue for over 20 years.   Their reputation is outstanding.  Packages may take a day or two longer since covid and online shopping increased but I adjusted my handling time a day to compensate.  If you're in California how can the packages go in the wrong direction, isn't east the only way?  If they're going north to Washington it's just that hub may be more expedient at that time. 

I try to stay out of poly-tics (Many Bugs) but if the PO needs more money I would be willing to pay for their Priority boxes.

Message 5 of 20
latest reply

Problems in the USPS

"I try to stay out of poly-tics (Many Bugs)..."

@toysaver 

Thank you. After reading this ^^^, I binged the definition of 'dotard'. I'm staying out with you. 🙄

Message 6 of 20
latest reply

Problems in the USPS

I think she means the guy that had his house in Florida raided by the Federal Bureau of Investigations recently. 

Message 7 of 20
latest reply

Problems in the USPS

Here are some more clues.

1. He likes to golf.

2. He says he only hires the best people for the job.

3. His favorite tv station is Fox News.

4. Rudy Giuliani is a good friend of his.

5. He want to build a wall between the US and Mexico.

6. He was enamored with Vladimir Putin.

7. He’s big fan of the Big Mac.

8. He had alleged affairs with Stephanie Clifford and Karen McDougal.

9. He has no problem stretching the truth.

10. He’s a sore loser.

Message 8 of 20
latest reply

Problems in the USPS

Can't complain. I have had 1 package lost in the US since 1999, 2 internationally going to Canada way back when they had letter post. Packages being delivered fairly quickly, except media mail to Hawaii! Using priority cubic and parcel select cubic rates save a ton of money on shipping. 

Message 9 of 20
latest reply

Problems in the USPS

While the post office has not lost any of my packages - they have sent some on sight seeing tours along the way.  I had a package go from Florida to Georgia via Puerto Rico.   And one from St Augustine Florida to Tampa Florida (pretty much a straight shot across the state) with stops at Jacksonsoville, Orlando, Ft Lauderdale, and Orlando again.  Took over a week for first class mail to go 200 miles - takes a little over 3 hours to drive.

Message 10 of 20
latest reply

Problems in the USPS

Just looked at the numbers, in 2021, the post office shipped 7.6 BILLION packages! So if what I would bet is a very small % of packages get missent, it can be expected with an automated system. 

Message 11 of 20
latest reply

Problems in the USPS

"These political games being played"

It's not politics so much as it is just bad business practices.

Electric vehicles years ago were still in development and why buy a load of

what might be future problems. I was listening to a news story about

battery replacement costs for earlier models and was quite taken back by

the price tag.

I get mail maybe 4 times a week, I'll probably see less in a few months

when the sun starts setting earlier.

I was talking to a carrier that was hired 7 months ago. She was saying no

one has a regular route and just about all work 12-20 hours a week

overtime and they are always behind.

I asked her about the news the PO may let go of 50,000 people.

Since this office is already short handed what is going to happen?

She had no answer.

For myself, I just stopped using the PO after they took 10 ten business

days to deliver an envelope 3 blocks from where I mailed it.

No doubt Congress is aware of this, they are just not paying it any

attention because their mail comes regularly.

Message 12 of 20
latest reply

Problems in the USPS

I've been shipping USPS without issue for over 20 years. Their reputation is outstanding.

I used to say the same too. Used to.

Message 13 of 20
latest reply

Problems in the USPS

I've shipped well over 25,000 packages from 2 different states (Cal & NV) since 2011 using USPS exclusively; with an approximate 5 'misrouted' packages each year (so 55 out of 25000) which is less than 1/4 of 1% (.0022)

I couldn't be more than happy with the service. 

And this included about 1000 International Packages shipping to every continent on the planet (besides Antarctica because Penguins have yet to drive cars yet) from 2011 to 2019 (use GSP since Covid).

Message 14 of 20
latest reply

Problems in the USPS

No problems sending or receiving anything here. Every few months I might get one package that gets misrouted but it's corrected quickly and sent back on its way. The majority of my stuff is delivered within 5 days of shipping.

Message 15 of 20
latest reply