cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Print listing button gone ! Why ? ? ?

As long as I can remember ..   There was a "button" about 1/3 of the way down the listing (just above the description, on the right side)  that allowed you to choose one of 3 options for printing out your item listing.  

I always printed out a copy of the listing and included it in the package with the item.  Today I went to do the same thing and the "Print" button was gone.   Why ?   This tool is of GREAT use.  I used it for EVERY sale I made.  I called eBay customer service and they had no answer.   The only suggestion was to do use the  "Print Screen" option on my computer.   This isn't as good as the eBay Print Listing because it includes info that isn't useful to the buyer and it doesn't leave the proper space I used to mark the item Paid In Full and a Thank You for your purchase note. 

How can I / we let eBay know how important this button was ?  Any suggestions ?  

Thanks in Advance,

Message 1 of 294
latest reply
293 REPLIES 293

Re: Print listing button gone ! Why ? ? ?

frant10101 wrote: ...  very important if the item doesn't sell and you don't relist it for a while and ebay deletes it. If you have a printout, you can just copy all the information to a new listing...

If you save it as an electronic file rather than hard copy, you don't have to re-enter the information.

Message 181 of 294
latest reply

tiggyzak wrote:...The only one that I have found to work is....  If you have bought an auction item  (NOT BIN) that has had more than one bidder left click on the number of bids of the bought item ( small number in brackets). On the next page page you should see on the right hand side "LEAVE FEED BACK" .....

As noted above in Post 110, a click on any Leave Feedback link will bring up access to the print option... To recap the workarounds that will still bring up the old Print option:

(1) Click on the Leave Feedback link, then hover over the 'Order details" link next to the item title, and the popup window has a "View purchased item" link which brings up the old Print window.

(2) For a Purchase, if you have already left feedback, go into your purchase history and then under View Order Details, you will see More Actions with a dropdown menu. Click on View Paypal Transaction and eBay will assume you had a problem with the item and bring up the item in a small window to the right and will give you the option to View Purchased Item, which brings up the old print screen.

(3) For an item you have Sold, go to the listing page and click on "View purchased item" in the list of links at the top-left of the page.

However, there seem to be no workarounds for your Unsold items or items in which you were not a party to the transaction.

Message 182 of 294
latest reply

That's it.  It's official. Thanks everyone (apart from one well known organisation) for your well intended advice but I now have to admit that I must be thick.

I GIVE IN  !!

Message 183 of 294
latest reply

Stupid eBay!

Bring back the Print button so we can print item we look at to hang on our wall as a wish list, or to print as a PDF for a record.

STOP Changing USEFUL stuff.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 184 of 294
latest reply

Thank You, This Works! All Item Images Printed. EBAY please bring back Print button.
Message 185 of 294
latest reply

Rick, when I do this, the only options that come up are:
Save Page As...
Select All
View Page Source
View Info
Inspect Element (0)

It does this no matter where I click on the listing. Am I missing the sweet spot?
Message 186 of 294
latest reply

Jane I use it as my paper archive of everything I have ever bought online. I don't trust computers and it's easier for me when I'm trying to track down an inventory piece I'm missing to be able to thumb through the papers. I print it all four pages to a page and have a printed page for each of the approximately 10K items I have bought over the years. Since I have some things in inventory still since 2005 and before, I like being able to go look them up in my files. I have had several changes of computers since I started and it's quite possible an electronic file may have disappeared by now.

Message 187 of 294
latest reply

Thanks for step (2), but note that if you combine multiple purchases from a single seller into one payment, you can only get one of the purchased items to view - can't get any of the others as far as I can figure out.

Message 188 of 294
latest reply

"View Paypal details" should bring up a page that shows all the items, where you can click on "View purchased item" for a specific listing.

Message 189 of 294
latest reply

Anyone ,even a computer novice like myself,can get back to the original listing. What you cannot get is the option to PRINT ,as we could before,the "listing"description, ALL  FULL  sized listing pictures and sellers details. You could CHOOSE to PRINT either one of these options or ALL of them.

Is it just me ,or am I missing something here. WHY are we even having this conversation ? WHY couldn't they just leave things as they were?

Where it used to say PRINT in the bottom right hand corner of the said ORIGINAL listing it now says "REPORT ITEM"..........WHY???.....  What's to report ?

I now, officially .........give up.    eBay...you've won!  CONGRATULATIONS!

Message 190 of 294
latest reply

Sorry , the  actual options were....

Listing Summary  ,   Sellers Description  &   Listing Images

Message 191 of 294
latest reply

I also used the print link to keep records of items (both bought items, and items I want). Not to print on paper, but to make an archive file (mht) and/or pdf file of the item. The info found on the print page is especially usefull because of the added pictures and because of the lack of eBay spam which you find on the item page itself.

Another method, which works for every kind of item (bought, sold, not yet sold, etc):

To FORCE the 'print' link back (for as long as this method works) use the following link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemVersion&item=xxxxxx

where xxxxxx is the item number.

Message 192 of 294
latest reply

The problem with that link is the "track id".
If you add "tid=0" it wont work anymore.

So, in order to get directly to the print page you also need the proper track id (then it still works). Unfortunatly, the track id is not something you can easily get from most page links.

To solve this (for now, dunno how long it will still work), simply remove "&view=all&tid=0" from that link...

Thus, use:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemVersion&item=xxxxx
where xxxxx is the "item number".

You'll get the print link back on that page.
Message 193 of 294
latest reply

eeeerrmmm....nope  ,you lost me on that one.  But many thanks for your genuine attempt at helping me. Much appreciated.

Message 194 of 294
latest reply

Not for me on a Mac. Tried 2 different browsers. . . .
Message 195 of 294
latest reply