cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Postal Theft of Priority Package

ARE OTHER EBAYERS EXPERIENCING THEFT WITHIN USPS?  PLEASE POST YR EXPERIENCE!

I'm a newer Ebayer & recently mailed a Priority Envelope polyvinyl mailer through USPS from a local sub-station post office in my Indiana community, containing a new shirt, & mailed to a California Address.  The package was mailed 3/24/24 & tracking shows it was delivered to Indianapolis where, on 3/30/24, it was apparently placed in a P O box per USPS at 46201 zip code & picked up by someone later in the evening! If picked up at a window, evidently an ID would have been required.   My claim, filed last week, was sent incorrectly to my local community instead of to Indianapolis where the theft occurred!    The postal employee who received my claim called me & provided the above information & stated the actual post office would have been 46241 in Indy.  I have re-filed online but have had no response.  By the way, IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO REACH A USPS POSTAL INSPECTOR'S OFFICE!  YOU ALWAYS GET USPS CUSTOMER SERVICE!  Please respond/post if you are finding theft within the USPS.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Postal Theft of Priority Package

Hi @norton080 

Did you print your label through eBay?

If not, did you pay at the counter and then upload the tracking number to the eBay sold item?

What does eBay's tracking show on the transaction?  

Has the Buyer filed a claim that they have not received the item?

Has the Buyer reached out to you asking where the item is?

Does carrier theft happen?  Yes it does.

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Yes, I printed an EBay label & my local USPS confirmed the package was correctly addressed to the buyer in CA.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Doesn't sound like theft, just delivered wrong.

Have a great day
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Yes, I printed the EBAy label at home.  Yes, the buyer filed for a refund & was paid.  I haven't filed w/the USPO yet for my loss.  What I have learned through hours on the phone is that my package was dumped mistakenly into a batch of packages going to a company in Indpls.  That company hasn't returned it to the PO so the branch (LINWOOD PO in Indpls) which made the mistake is attempting to get my package back.  One never knows how seriously these things are followed up on, so will see.   

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

I worked for the post office for a year and they don't care about packages. I once found a priority mail box laying under a desk and it had been mailed a month earlier. 

Message 6 of 6
latest reply