cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Packing Slip now no longer shows price paid and shipping - did I miss another change we asked for?

Yesterday all was fine, but today, my packing slips print without the price the seller paid, the shipping the seller paid, and the total.  If I try to edit it, that info is seemingly not available to add to the packing slip.  Is this another change that was made that I missed?  I dislike this.  I want the buyer to see this, and I like to see it on the copy I keep for my records.

Message 1 of 80
latest reply
79 REPLIES 79

Packing Slip now no longer shows price paid and shipping - did I miss another change we asked for?

Mine are doing the same thing.  I always print a copy for the customer and print one for myself to use as evidence of inventory sold.  I certainly hope this is just a temporary fluke in the system and NOT a permanent eBay change!  

Message 2 of 80
latest reply

@wallets-purses-jewelry-more wrote:

Mine are doing the same thing.  I always print a copy for the customer and print one for myself to use as evidence of inventory sold.  I certainly hope this is just a temporary fluke in the system and NOT a permanent eBay change!  

Thanks...I'm glad it's not just me experiencing it.  I also hope this is just a temporary issue. 

Message 3 of 80
latest reply

@wallets-purses-jewelry-more wrote:

Mine are doing the same thing. 

Likewise. I printed a couple last night which looked entirely normal, but going back into the same record as if to print the Packing Slip again now brings it up with no price/payment information.

If there is no comment forthcoming from eBay on this (@Anonymous?), there should be the Weekly Chat this afternoon (4:00 EST/1:00 PST) if the regular schedule is continuing, at which time someone could ask there. (I'd do so myself but I'm going to be on the road this afternoon.)

Message 4 of 80
latest reply

brian@ebay tyler@ebay   There continue to be changed to the new flow that remove important features / data from the process.

Member of the Grumpy Old Man crew
Message 5 of 80
latest reply

Thanks for the tag @dtexley3  - I'm working to get more info on this and will update as I hear back. Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 6 of 80
latest reply

Same thing here. I'm freaking out, mildly, but really need it back so I don't have to hand write it. We print our shipping labels with packing slip in the office in a different location, then take them all back to the shop where we look at the packing slip to see quantity. I am hand writing quantity on today. The price is helpful too b/c it helps me distinguish between similar items sometimes. 

ebay, please bring it back!

Anyone else find a way to get it back? Please let us know. 

Thanks in advance,

Message 7 of 80
latest reply

@electrola_man wrote:

Yesterday all was fine, but today, my packing slips print without the price the seller paid, the shipping the seller paid, and the total.  If I try to edit it, that info is seemingly not available to add to the packing slip.  Is this another change that was made that I missed?  I dislike this.  I want the buyer to see this, and I like to see it on the copy I keep for my records.

... it appears again, that ebay doesn't care for any added workload to seller's.  you can still print the old style, but you have to  go to the all orders.... click the drop down menu for the item ... click print shipping labels or invoice ... click invoice / packing slip ... then continue ... 

to get the same report.  guess is this 'another bright ebay policy/procedure change' that has the 'bright' portion debunked ...

Message 8 of 80
latest reply

thank you!! Good work around.
I also use the packing slips as "pull sheets".
Message 9 of 80
latest reply

@wholesaleessentials wrote:
thank you!! Good work around.
I also use the packing slips as "pull sheets".

i did also until a couple of years ago when i switched to a brother ql-570 printer.  then used the p-touch software, formated another 'custom' packing slip where i just copy the line item fields out of my xl tracking spreadsheet and paste at the bottom. shows all the info the ebay packing slip does in a 4.5 by 2.38" receipt along with return and contact steps on it.  and much cheaper than the ink for hp printer. and only about 20-30 seconds of time; then save my packing slip receipt on computer.

Message 10 of 80
latest reply

Same here. Certainly hope this is a glitch and not a change. It creates a problem on multiple levels for us as we use for pulling item(s), quantities and sales tax records...Not to mention the buyer being able to view this information.

Message 11 of 80
latest reply

Well Ebay has done it again. I was just ready to start a new thread on this topic when Ebay's site automatically directed me to this thread but customer service did not. So many replies on here about the loss of dollar amounts on the packing slip I wonder why customer service didn't tell me about them. Why, because customer service is just to placate you and act like they care.

Just got off the phone for one hour with two different reps talking about this topic. I had to sit down for a few minutes to calm down. I am a retired business exec selling on Ebay to keep busy and the ineptitude displayed by Ebay is just startling to me. I can't believe it.

I went to the help area and scrolled through the choices and picked the shipping topics box thinking I would get to talk to a shipping expert directly. Wait on line was 10 mins, notice said to expect a 4 min wait. Also was given a code to help me get quick service. Customer rep didn't want it, had to explain instead. No problem, there're busy. I was connected to a generalist who I couldn't understand and after telling my story for 3 minutes was told she would need to connect me with a shipping rep. What? isn't that where I was attempting to go in the first place.? Another 10 min wait on the phone. Shipping rep comes on and I tell her my story. I had to tell her how to access the packing slip link, then she tells me that I know more than her! Yes, she really told me that! After discussion I am told that the UK had this problem a few days ago. Long story short, I was told that The packing slip doesn't show the dollar amounts - period. Well, I have been printing 40 to 50 each month for the past 18 months with dollar amounts on them. Then I blew up. I actually had to send a copy of other packing slips made a few days ago to prove  the facts as I told them to her. She then told me about other areas in the order section where I can get the same information. See, Ebay has already made their decision . Now its extra work and my printer truncates the dollar amounts in the other area. I must hand write the dollar amounts.

Takeaway on this. Ebay has probably made permanent changes to the packing slip and has no intentions on returning to the way it was. Supposedly they are looking into it. Sure they are!

I have tried to remain upbeat but I can see over time how Ebay is deceitful. Why wasn't this change announced? My experience with Ebay is no longer enjoyable and its time to check out other platforms. But that is what Ebay wants!

As far as listening to the sellers? Its smoke!!!

Message 12 of 80
latest reply

@zakback wrote:

Well Ebay has done it again. I was just ready to start a new thread on this topic when Ebay's site automatically directed me to this thread but customer service did not. So many replies on here about the loss of dollar amounts on the packing slip I wonder why customer service didn't tell me about them. Why, because customer service is just to placate you and act like they care.

Just got off the phone for one hour with two different reps talking about this topic. I had to sit down for a few minutes to calm down. I am a retired business exec selling on Ebay to keep busy and the ineptitude displayed by Ebay is just startling to me. I can't believe it.

I went to the help area and scrolled through the choices and picked the shipping topics box thinking I would get to talk to a shipping expert directly. Wait on line was 10 mins, notice said to expect a 4 min wait. Also was given a code to help me get quick service. Customer rep didn't want it, had to explain instead. No problem, there're busy. I was connected to a generalist who I couldn't understand and after telling my story for 3 minutes was told she would need to connect me with a shipping rep. What? isn't that where I was attempting to go in the first place.? Another 10 min wait on the phone. Shipping rep comes on and I tell her my story. I had to tell her how to access the packing slip link, then she tells me that I know more than her! Yes, she really told me that! After discussion I am told that the UK had this problem a few days ago. Long story short, I was told that The packing slip doesn't show the dollar amounts - period. Well, I have been printing 40 to 50 each month for the past 18 months with dollar amounts on them. Then I blew up. I actually had to send a copy of other packing slips made a few days ago to prove  the facts as I told them to her. She then told me about other areas in the order section where I can get the same information. See, Ebay has already made their decision . Now its extra work and my printer truncates the dollar amounts in the other area. I must hand write the dollar amounts.

Takeaway on this. Ebay has probably made permanent changes to the packing slip and has no intentions on returning to the way it was. Supposedly they are looking into it. Sure they are!

I have tried to remain upbeat but I can see over time how Ebay is deceitful. Why wasn't this change announced? My experience with Ebay is no longer enjoyable and its time to check out other platforms. But that is what Ebay wants!

As far as listening to the sellers? Its smoke!!!

I'm still hoping we'll learn this is a glitch, but I'm sorry to hear of your frustrating experience.  It doesn't offer me a lot of comfort that this will be fixed (put back the way it was).

Message 13 of 80
latest reply

I had the same problem, so I went to Paypal to print it out instead.  Paypal's packing slip is not as nice as eBay's but at least it lists the quantities and prices.  I always circle the quantities so the Buyer knows that I checked each item, especially if they order more than one item in an order.  Why would eBay change this?  The only reason I can think of is because some Sellers/Buyers didn't want the tax showing up on the packing slip?  But the original total should always be there.  Or at least the quantities.

Message 14 of 80
latest reply

@stevesarmysurplusreno wrote:

I had the same problem, so I went to Paypal to print it out instead.  Paypal's packing slip is not as nice as eBay's but at least it lists the quantities and prices.  I always circle the quantities so the Buyer knows that I checked each item, especially if they order more than one item in an order.  Why would eBay change this?  The only reason I can think of is because some Sellers/Buyers didn't want the tax showing up on the packing slip?  But the original total should always be there.  Or at least the quantities.

I don't know why limiting the Packing Slip to this would have been wanted by anyone.  It used to be possible to leave off information, or add more back, quite easily.  I know for some gift shipments, the purchaser wanted the pricing left off, and I could eliminate it easily, which made the document look about like what we're getting now.  I only wanted that once in awhile, though.

Message 15 of 80
latest reply