cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PO System down

So, went to the PO to mail my package.  Presented my phone with QR code as usual.  Clerk said, “eh, let’s see…” and scanned the code, then said, “yeah, didn’t think it would work, the system is down today, cash only.”  So I pay cash for the 1st class and go on my merry way.  This morning I try to put the tracking number in.  The PO scan DID read!!  Not so upset about paying twice as I am about it looking like my package was never sent.  Can I cancel that QR?  And how to manually enter the correct tracking?  Thanks for any help - I’m stumped!

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: PO System down

Click the edit link next to the tracking number. You'll be able to enter the second tracking number.

You won't be able to delete the first tracking number since it was purchased through eBay, but that doesn't matter because the second tracking number will eventually show delivery.

Unfortunately, since the QR code was scanned, the label is considered "used" by USPS therefore you cannot void it and get a refund.

If the clerk knew the system wasn't working right they should have warned you before scanning.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Click the edit link next to the tracking number. You'll be able to enter the second tracking number.

You won't be able to delete the first tracking number since it was purchased through eBay, but that doesn't matter because the second tracking number will eventually show delivery.

Unfortunately, since the QR code was scanned, the label is considered "used" by USPS therefore you cannot void it and get a refund.

If the clerk knew the system wasn't working right they should have warned you before scanning.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

I agree with what Wastingtime said.  Now I would take my proof that your label was used plus the receipt for the item that you paid and go to the post office and chat with the supervisor.  See if he can at least throw you a few free stamps for the cost of the parcel.  Otherwise, save those receipts for tax time. You have an extra shipping fee that is deductible as an expense.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Many thanks, and so quickly!  

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

😡 taxes!  And 😡 bad tax law!  Great advise 👍 😊!

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

It's not a bad law. We were ALWAYS supposed to report our taxes.  Anyway, most folks that are just trying to unload stuff that they bought years ago will be selling at a loss.  You are never going to get 49.99 for those shoes you wore once. So since you sell at a loss, there will be little or no profit and therefore very little taxes paid.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply