cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canceling purchase after seller doubles shipping to twice the provided quote?

Hi all,

A seller in the US did not provide a shipping quote for Slovenia (where I live). I asked through PM if he would be willing to ship it here and how much the cost then would be. He replied he would ship and gave a shipping quote of $23 with USPS First Class International. I agreed with that, clicked "buy it now" and selected the "request total" to get the invoice (again, because there was no shipping quote in the listing for Slovenia). Now he sent an invoice with $43 shipping, saying "oops, it's $20 more. My bad". Since I pressed the BIN, I committed myself to paying for it but obviously I feel cheated. Is there a way to cancel the purchase, given that I have evidence of his original shipping quote through PM? If not, is there anything else I can do?
Thank you in advance for your feedback.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

You can ask the seller to cancel the purchase although if they refuse, you can't force them to. But since they did quote you a lower amount, they should agree to cancel.  If they don't and they open an unpaid item claim, you can appeal the strike with ebay. But if that is your only strike, it won't affect you.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

You can ask the seller to cancel the purchase although if they refuse, you can't force them to. But since they did quote you a lower amount, they should agree to cancel.  If they don't and they open an unpaid item claim, you can appeal the strike with ebay. But if that is your only strike, it won't affect you.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

You agreed to pay only the buy now item price + the shipping cost of $23 which the seller quoted before you hit buy now & entered into a purchase contract.

You did nothing wrong.

You can certainly request the seller to send a proper invoice reflecting a shipping charge of $23

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Ok, thank you, folks. I asked him to either provide the invoice with agreed shipping or cancel the deal. Awaiting his response. If he refuses to adjust or cancel, I'll either contest through eBay or pay it up and hit him with a well-deserved negative feedback, depending on his response.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply