cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No tracking

So I ordered an item and the seller refuses to provide tracking. Says I would've had to pay extra for it but PayPal provides that. Guess they didn't use PayPal. Nothing was stated that there wouldn't be tracking nor was there an option to pay extra. Not exactly happy about it. So do I just hope it makes it from Alabama to Pa? Never ordered and never gotten tracking. I've had issues with Usps losing items i  ordered even with tracking. 

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

No tracking

@countrygirl4941wrote:

No need for the negative comment.

I meant that when using PayPal you get a tracking number that's provided by the carrier. I'm not saying that not getting a tracking number  prevents delivery.  Tracking number just give me an idea of where it's going and when or where it was last scanned  especially if it gets lost. There's no proof on their end if I did not receive it.  Some sellers don't like to give refunds. Never had a seller that didn't provide tracking. 

The seller gets a tracking number when they purchase postage that includes tracking. It has nothing to do with paying through paypal.

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**

View Best Answer in original post

Message 8 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

No tracking

There is no tracking requirement.  You still have the money back guarantee protection if you don't receive your item. 

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

No tracking

Ok thanks 

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

No tracking

Says I would've had to pay extra for it but PayPal provides that. Guess they didn't use PayPal.

PayPal doesn't provide tracking.  USPS (or UPS, or FedEx) supplies tracking.

So do I just hope it makes it from Alabama to Pa?

How would a seller not providing a tracking number prevent delivery of an item?  Either he mailed it or he didn't.  If he didn't then you file an Item Not Received claim eventually.  If he did mail it then the package will travel the same way as if the seller did provide a tracking number.

If you have issues with package delivery even when there is a tracking number, then why would lack of number make any difference?  Packages aren't delivered based on tracking number, they are delivered based on the recipient's address.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

No tracking

I meant that when using PayPal you get a tracking number that's provided by the carrier. I'm not saying that not getting a tracking number  prevents delivery.  Tracking number just give me an idea of where it's going and when or where it was last scanned  especially if it gets lost. There's no proof on their end if I did not receive it.  Some sellers don't like to give refunds. Never had a seller that didn't provide tracking. 

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

No tracking

Tracking is for the sellers protection..not the buyer..provides the seller with online proof that the item was delivered.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

No tracking

You are very incorrect, paying at PP does not provide the buyer with a tracking number.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

No tracking

@countrygirl4941wrote:

The seller gets a tracking number when they purchase postage that includes tracking. It has nothing to do with paying through paypal.

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 8 of 8
latest reply