cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Delayed Delivery USPS Announced March 23, 2021

I DON'T BELIEVE EBAY CAN GUARANTEE DELIVERY IF USPS IS IMPOSING THESE NEW DELAYS ANNOUNCED MARCH 23, 2021

https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/23/politics/louis-dejoy-postal-service-changes-ten-year-plan/index.html

I've been seeing these delays for sometime now. Our post office is just down the street, I could walk to it, so as soon as an item is paid for and packaged, I run it to the post office even if it is a SUNDAY. This just happened, and the package did not leave the post office until TUESDAY. I don't understand how eBay can GUARANTEE DELIVERY if I am not the post office! I do what is expected on my end. Even when items are brought during the week, it still takes 2 days for them to be mailed out. I have spoken to the post master at this post office location, and his explanation was "because of the COVID".

I can't be the only one experiencing this problem. I believe eBay should stop GUARANTEEING DELIVERY if the post office can't get the mail out!!!!!! Buyers give feedback to us as the seller on shipping time.

Would like to hear others thoughts on this subject.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

...eBay should not guarantee anything related to delivery time manners as eBay is not in control of any couriers as USPS, UPS, FedEx, OnTrac, DHL...etc...

...these couriers can't even guarantee arrival time, they only give out an estimate instead...

...an exceptional for guarantee is Express Services (exp. Express Mail) but it's still jeopardy by weather, holidays, weekend and it's costly (of course!)...

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

I am with you... The funny (sad, really) thing is when you check tracking status page is says "Guaranteed delivery" such and such and then when you scroll the page down it says "ESTIMATED delivery". So how guaranteed can be estimated and visa versa??

On a side note- just today ebay refunded one of my buyers because the item was shipped out Feb 16th, today is March 24th, and there was no tracking updates since Feb 17th... Yes, there was a case with USPS, which they closed w/o resolution, then escalated it (2 weeks ago) and still no response from them.

So yes, either guarantee- fulfill your end, or dont guarantee.  Because if I was to pick and choose to guarantee something, I would rather uncheck the guarantee box creating a listing. 

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

That was my fear...that someone was going to ask for a refund because it wasn't delivered under the guaranteed time. I've been selling on eBay since 2008 and have never had this problem. My items always arrive on time, and have never been lost. Weather has held things up at times, but the mail always came through. NOT TO MENTION...eBay takes 12.35% of the shipping cost, and April 1st it will go up to 12.55%!!! How do we like those apples!!

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

While eBay says guaranteed delivery, the USPS only offers estimated delivery dates.  USPS guarantees nothing, even the high priced overnight delivery has to be shipped before a specific early morning time, otherwise no next day arrival.  Perhaps when President Biden's 3 new nominees to the USPS Board Of Governors are approved Post Master General DeJoy will find employment elsewhere.

From what has been disclosed publicly about the fabulous 10 year plan it appears first class mail will see much longer delivery times (pay your bills the day they arrive with a paper check and hope they make it by the payment due date or pay everything online). And packages, well, they will arrive when they arrive.  If they arrive.

With Amazon ramping up across the country, building new distribution centers and adding to their fleet of delivery vehicles with next day or 2 day delivery, I can see Amazon sales skyrocketing higher while eBay sellers remain at the mercy of USPS, UPS and FedEx hoping buyers will be willing to wait longer for purchases to arrive.   Longer delivery times puts eBay sellers at a distinct disadvantage.    

Perhaps soon Amazon will open shipping hubs available to the public like UPS.  Maybe in the near future we will be able to print Amazon shipping labels through eBay.  

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

I absolutely share your pain as I'm a disabled veteran and in addition to being dependant on USPS for most of my packages, I and millions of others have to depend on this sham of a service to deliver our medicines on time. 

And now to add insult to injury, that moron of a Postmaster DeJoy has the gaul to cause all these massive headaches for Postal Workers because his plan pretty much makes all mail not only more expensive to deliver, but delayed to death. So to all sellers and buyers do NOT assure your buyer their purchase will deliver on time!!! And for the record? This is NOT aimed at all the Postal Workers who are profoundly affected by the half baked and idiotic cost cutting decisions made by an arrogant, simpleton of a man child who thumbs his nose at Congress.

I wish President Biden would get rid of DeJoy, his clear disregard for the security of the USPS and his own fellow workers makes him nothing but another corporate suit looking for more money by squeezing it from the honest, hard working Americans who depend on this service, some for their very survival. As for eBay one simple sentence........Cut your **bleep** percentage of seller's shipping fees!!!! It's a disgrace.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

AGREE with you 100%. My husband, also a veteran, he has seen his medicines coming later & later. As you well know, they only allow you to order so many days after the last order. The blame should go to DeJoy, not the postal workers. I've started contacting each buyer after their sale, when their package is at the post office. I'm also including a message about delays in the postal service, and that I don't think eBay can guarantee delivery if it is beyond my control. 

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

It's all **bleep**! A buyer can open a not delivered item and they pull the funds despite it shows shipped and tracking confirms this. Oh, they want me to "work with the buyer" on it. WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO?!!! I shipped the item and have proof~

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

For the first time after selling on ebay for 7 years, I get more and more to the point of bad mouthing them. I thought it was great as of last year!! However, it was always annoying how they charged 12% for media mail because they didn't make as much on the shipping. But then they raised everything .2% and then got rid of pay pal and charge even more than pay pal did!  Meanwhile it may take 5 days to have your money available. It should have been less than what pay pal charged, not more. Then their massive site changes are hard and time consuming  to use and is a bit archaic if you can't choose the default or go back to where you were. THEN, they have people working from home all over the world who know less than I do when I finally get so frustrated I call and then I've had three so far lie when they say they will do something!  NEVER had that happen until late last year and this year. Terrible .  I am waiting for something similar as an option. They kind of, sort of, have a monopoly and that needs to change since they have gotten much worse this year. 

Message 9 of 9
latest reply