cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Negative Feedback by buyer

Buyer changed ship-to address from VA to CA AFTER I sent invoice. When I asked for difference in shipping cost he refused. I cancelled order, he left negative feedback. How can I ask ebay to delete negative feedback?

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: Negative Feedback by buyer

That's one you can contact eBay for. Show them the order was cancelled (I hoped you used 'Problem with buyer's address', or 'Buyer requested') and they will remove it for you. Good luck.

Message 2 of 19
latest reply

I don't think they will remove it. When you cancelled the transaction, did you use "problem with the buyer's address" ?

Message 3 of 19
latest reply

Why did you send an invoice? They aren't needed unless you have a specific reason such as accommodating a request for combined shipping.  As you've seen, sending an invoice locks in the shipping cost and that causes problems when the buyer uses the option to change their address during payment.

Message 4 of 19
latest reply

I did cancel the order with "problem with buyer's address". I cannot find a link to contact ebay for cancelling negative feedback. And why does ebay allow the buyer to leave feedback when the order was cancelled?

Message 5 of 19
latest reply

I shipped a product new in box that was never opened. Buyer received within 3/4 days. He waited 15 days to give me a negative feedback saying item was damaged. I gave full refund and buyer still gave me negative feedback. He won’t reverse. I  have been selling on eBay since 2001 and this was my first negative feedback. eBay has been of no help resolving this issue. Should I block this buyer from buying from me?  I am so so upset. 

Message 6 of 19
latest reply

" Should I block this buyer from buying from me?"

I certainly would and on top of that I would leave a follow-up on his feedback stating left me negative for no good reason--avoid!

Message 7 of 19
latest reply

Yes you should definitely block them.

Message 8 of 19
latest reply

Absolutely Block the Buyer!!!

Message 9 of 19
latest reply

You could have canceled this order without a problem: "under there is something wrong with the buyer's address". Ebay will remove the Neg. Buyers are not allowed to do this.

Message 10 of 19
latest reply

That was nice of you to refund, but I wouldn't of done it. 

delivered in 4 days. 15 days later they want to complain.

definitely block them!

Message 11 of 19
latest reply

Thanks AppreviTe

Message 12 of 19
latest reply

Thanks appreciate 

Message 13 of 19
latest reply

I would have blocked the buyer immediately for that type of behavior. Why risk another negative if they buy something again? To me, its not worth the risk.

Message 14 of 19
latest reply

@ima4nr, this is why you should not send an invoice unless you need to for some reason. It should not be necessary to do this unless you are offering a discount on the shipping. Sending an invoice locks in the shipping cost on the invoice, and it won't recalculate if the buyer changes the address, so it's best to not send invoices and let the calculated shipping work as intended.

Unfortunately, sellers are not allowed to ask for additional money after the sale, so this may not qualify to be removed.

Cancelling a transaction does not prevent feedback from being left, and it won't be removed automatically just because the transaction was cancelled. It depends on the reason. eBay may decide that the buyer was justified.

Message 15 of 19
latest reply