cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My package hasn't arrived

My package hasn't arrived. The tracking # shows that it is already delivered but I have received the package yet. I already contacted the seller and I emailed the Post Office about. But I'm worried the mailman might have sent it to the wrong address. Is there any steps I can take? This is the first this ever happened to me.

Message 1 of 27
latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Re: My package hasn't arrived

I'm a mail carrier.

First thing to do is to CALL your delivering Post Office. tell them you expect miss delivery . Ask them to check the delivery GPS location and ask the carrier about it. 

Really this has nothing to do with the seller. 

Message 16 of 27
latest reply

Tell the Seller and at same time tell Ebay.....I just get a refund if I was you.....Why waste your time sorting out Rubbish that some Ebay Sellers seem to Dish out.

Message 17 of 27
latest reply

@blitzwing wrote:

Thanks. If I don't get my package, will the USPS compensate me? It's two pieces of coins and the total was $36.96. I don't want to file a chargeback yet. It's not the seller's fault for the mailman's incompetence.

Charge back would be denied anyway.

Message 18 of 27
latest reply

Good luck with that refund on a confirmed delivery - no chance !

Message 19 of 27
latest reply

@blitzwing wrote:

Thanks. If I don't get my package, will the USPS compensate me? It's two pieces of coins and the total was $36.96. I don't want to file a chargeback yet. It's not the seller's fault for the mailman's incompetence.

It depends. 

If the GPS proves miss delivery and if the package was insured it will be covered. 

If it was not insured it will not be covered.

If it was taken from your mailbox or porch it will not be covered under USPS insurance but it should be under your homeowners insurance.

Message 20 of 27
latest reply

All of the carriers are extremely busy right now and like with all of us, when we get in a hurry mistakes get made. I will say that it is more rare with FedEx and UPS to have this problem. If the item shows delivered on a Friday or Saturday, quite often, it will miraculously appear on Monday (at least it does in my case from time to time). My understanding is every post office submits a report daily to whoever is above them of a "scan audit". Essentially it keeps track of efficiency, if a package is scanned "arrival at unit" and then "out for delivery" the higher ups expect that it be delivered. Well, think about yourself at work on a Friday when you have plans, ever "fudge" something to get the heck out of there? In many instances, this is the case, and it has happened with my packages fairly often. I receive A LOT of packages so it probably happens more frequently for me. If that isn't the case, they have a GPS "ping" of where the package was scanned as "delivered". 

Message 21 of 27
latest reply

I want let everyone know, I got my package. It was mis delivered. But I assume an honest neighbor gave it to the mailman. So I’m happy.

image.jpg

Message 22 of 27
latest reply

@2015mhfashions wrote:

Good luck with that refund on a confirmed delivery - no chance !

Oh! I would have gotten a refund through a chargeback with my bank if I don’t get my refund back or  coin replacement. I would have also gotten a lawyer if I don’t get either back. I earn a lot of money and I work for a major airline. One of the employee benefits I have is legal group plan where I can hire lawyers for free. But I don’t have to take it that far because I have my coins thanks to some honest neighbors.

Message 23 of 27
latest reply

@outdatedrecreated wrote:

All of the carriers are extremely busy right now and like with all of us, when we get in a hurry mistakes get made. I will say that it is more rare with FedEx and UPS to have this problem. If the item shows delivered on a Friday or Saturday, quite often, it will miraculously appear on Monday (at least it does in my case from time to time). My understanding is every post office submits a report daily to whoever is above them of a "scan audit". Essentially it keeps track of efficiency, if a package is scanned "arrival at unit" and then "out for delivery" the higher ups expect that it be delivered. Well, think about yourself at work on a Friday when you have plans, ever "fudge" something to get the heck out of there? In many instances, this is the case, and it has happened with my packages fairly often. I receive A LOT of packages so it probably happens more frequently for me. If that isn't the case, they have a GPS "ping" of where the package was scanned as "delivered". 

There’s no excuse. I work as a ramper and airplane pushback driver for a major airline. My job is a lot harder and more dangerous than theirs. I forgot to mention that I saw the mailman at the time he was delivering mail. I was home all day. He seemed like he was rushing to deliver the mail instead of taking the time to read the address. I don’t trust the post office. I heard several stories of mailmen dumping people’s mail in the garbage instead of delivering them. Some of them included military mail and tracked packages. I wish eBay would create their own delivery system similar to Amazon. I trust Amazon delivery, FedEx, and UPS than the government controlled US Post Office. 

Message 24 of 27
latest reply

Chargeback might have been refunded by Paypal ( doubtful ) but with confirmed delivery the seller would have been covered.

You would have to have proven mis delivery, if you did that then you simply pick it up or instruct the postal service to do it.

Oh and a seller with confirmed delivery would not have to replace you with anything.

I bet those lawyers would have been falling over themselves to take on this major career changing case.

I earn a lot of money and I work for a major airline

And that has exactly what relevance ?

Message 25 of 27
latest reply

@2015mhfashions wrote:

Chargeback might have been refunded by Paypal ( doubtful ) but with confirmed delivery the seller would have been covered.

You would have to have proven mis delivery, if you did that then you simply pick it up or instruct the postal service to do it.

Oh and a seller with confirmed delivery would not have to replace you with anything.

I bet those lawyers would have been falling over themselves to take on this major career changing case.

I earn a lot of money and I work for a major airline

And that has exactly what relevance ?

🙄Didn't you read my accepted solution? I got my coins now thanks to some honest neighbors who gave my mis-delivered mail to the mailman. That's the most important part. Your answer is irrelevant now.

Message 26 of 27
latest reply

Yep,

Just pointing out your refund, replacement, chargeback against a confirmed delivery is also irrelevant !

Message 27 of 27
latest reply