cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mail Issues

I am a eBay seller and buyer near Atlanta, Georgia and I have multiple customers asking me what’s going on with their packages!

I would like to know what if anything is eBay planning to do about this issue.

I have had to give customers their money back on a lot of packages that never showed up after even 30 days.

this could still take several eeeks to clear up!!

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Mail Issues

@jamestiberiouskirk 

From what other eBay buyers and sellers have been telling us this week, this is a USPS problem, situated at one of the USPS Distribution Centers in the Atlanta area.

Here's the info from a local Atlanta source:

https://www.atlantanewsfirst.com/2024/03/15/mail-delays-headache-truck-drivers-ossoff-usps-respond/

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

First it was Missouri City, Texas....now it's Atlanta, Georgia.

Items with tracking or those eBay standard shipping envelopes(Metered Mail)...are taking longer than usual.

I have been sending inexpensive items without tracking with no problems...good old .68 stamp has been working for me. Haven't lost anything last year or this year yet. 

My buyers want items quickly..."repeat buyers"...who buy once a week from me.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Ebay does not run the shipping companies so ebay can not fix it.

You can fix the problem for future sales by using a different shipper like UPS or FedEx.

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

According to my local USPS office in GA, the delays are not just in Palmetto Georgia. USPS has merged 3 facilities into 1 in some states and plans are to continue doing this in other states. Again, this is the information I was told at my local USPS office.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

You should ask dejoy what he plans to do fix this, but we know the answer to that. This is his plan.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

What would you suggest eBay do about a USPS issue? 

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

@janet9988 wrote:

Ebay does not run the shipping companies so ebay can not fix it.

You can fix the problem for future sales by using a different shipper like UPS or FedEx.

They can "fix it' to the extent of alerting buyers that there may be unavoidable delays.

And no, using UPS or Fedex for small lightweight parcels isn't a financially viable option.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

@toomuchstuffagain35 wrote:

They can "fix it' to the extent of alerting buyers that there may be unavoidable delays.

And no, using UPS or Fedex for small lightweight parcels isn't a financially viable option.

It's also not an option for sellers who don't have a UPS or FedEx dropoff point nearby, which is often the case in many more rural areas.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply