cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labels printing in center of paper instead of two to a page

All of a sudden my labels are printing vertically in the center of the label sheet.  Previously they would print horizontally so you could print two to a sheet of paper/shipping label sheet.  Currently they are printing in the center, crossing over two labels.

There must have been some software update that eBay made that is causing this anomaly, as it has only recently occurred.  
Anyone else experiencing it, and any solution?

My sister is experiencing the same issue, we both are using our phones to print labels, will try using the computer for next item I sell, but am not optimistic this will solve the problem.

Thanks

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Same problem for me.  I didn’t change any settings and it worked fine until a couple of days ago.  What happened and how can we fix this?

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

I am also experiencing this same issue. It looks like to me they changed something with the actual label itself...I just printed a label on Friday and it was perfect. The old labels have in the top left

corner a United States Postal Service logo and on the right hand side there was a message that said a preferred shipping service on EBay. This is no longer there on the newer labels. I am not sure if that has anything to do with what we are experiencing but just an observation.

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

It's been that way for a few days... from my browser, too. Suitable for framing. Geez, eBay...

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

Yes, I have had issues as well.  Mine is mostly not being able to print in landscape from the browser unless I re-open the PNG it it's own tab and just use the browser's print dialog to setup my preferred orientation and margins. Which is annoying, because then if I need to print something other than the label from the browser, I need to re-do the settings all over again, instead of having the settings stored in the browser cache/cookies that are specific to eBay. 

This is an issue with the CSS rules in the back-end of the printing page. Ebay needs to define whatever print or page definitions "size" as auto, and then over-ride the default by flagging it as !important.  It's a known issue with newer JS libraries, like bootstrap and so on. Not a hard fix, but if the right people don't see it, they wont implement it. 

*******Please mark me as a solution, upvote and/or bump, so maybe someone from eBay can forward this solution to the right team.  Believe me, I don't care about the message board accolades, I just want this taken care of! 

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

Having the same issue printing from app. It was fine a few days ago. Now, it is printing the shipping label on the whole page, not showing receipt too. It works fine on a laptop.

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

If anyone is interested, I found a workaround...it's kind of a pain but it works for now. *please note, this is only from the computer, I haven't done this from my phone but I'm sure you could somehow. For each label I take a screenshot (hit print screen on your keyboard) and paste that into a word document. Then crop the extra stuff around the label and rotate it sideways by dragging the curved arrow at the top of the picture. I was able to put two labels on a page doing this. (I also widened the margins of the page so I could print them large enough)

It takes a little effort but I don't want to waste labels so that's what I'm doing for now. 🙂

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

Another workaround is to open up your email and re-print from the emails that you get from creating labels.  Again, a lot of extra work, button-pushing, etc...

This is happening to me from the Ebay App on my Iphone and started over the weekend.

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

I tried that and it does the same thing 😞 ugh

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

I have been having the same problem with labels downloaded from the app. Today I downloaded a label from the mobile desktop site and the normal half-page label was created.

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

I use a desktop computer, running Windows 7 and Chrome.  I use ebay's bulk printing, and the labels I printed on Monday were just fine: 2 labels on a page using my adhesive backed labels.

disneyshopper
Volunteer Community Member

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

Now the USPS logo on top left and Ebay logo on top right have disappeared. Anyone have the same trouble?What is up with ebay? This is the one thing that ALL sellers use and they can't get the app or the laptop versions to work. ugh

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Download label to computer, open with system viewer, then it will finally center the label on a standard letter piece of paper (once you choose to show the label as original size instead of full page)

Message 13 of 13
latest reply