cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Label Printing Failure work around ...

I have had the off and on issue with Labels not printing and in some cases not even being able to pay for them, my Payment button goes gray.  The failure occurs on 2 browsers, Firefox & Edge ... 

So I decided to try the Print labels in Bulk link (green arrow in pic below) ... that worked, I removed all but one label and processed it, paid for it and printed it out.

This may or may not work for you ...

Regards,

Mr. L

Screenshot (3734).png

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 1 of 38
latest reply
37 REPLIES 37

Re: Label Printing Failure work around ...

Does anyone know if eBay has fixed this problem?  I had to void a label on Saturday because the workaround did not work for me nor did changing the browser, and the post office closed before I could get a label printed.  Got an unhelpful note from eBay about the voided label. 

I am hesitant to purchase another label if I might be unable to print it as from ebay's note voiding labels can affect your account. 

Message 16 of 38
latest reply

@grandmakskrafts wrote:

Does anyone know if eBay has fixed this problem?  I had to void a label on Saturday because the workaround did not work for me nor did changing the browser, and the post office closed before I could get a label printed.  Got an unhelpful note from eBay about the voided label. 

I am hesitant to purchase another label if I might be unable to print it as from ebay's note voiding labels can affect your account. 

@grandmakskrafts   When eBay "fixes" something it takes a while for the fix to work its way through ALL Selling accounts, that's been my experience.  Some members were saying eBay fixed it Thursday or Friday ... errnt, obviously not from all the new threads about label issues.

Sorry the work around didn't work for you but glad it has for many others including myself BUT, the issue is sporadic here.  Sometimes things work just fine then at other times it doesn't.

Some members have suggested using stamps.com or pirateships (or other online postage sites).  I have never done that but its an option for you to investigate.  Paying at the Post Office and then manually loading the tracking number on the Sold item would be a last resort for you ... its what I would do if all else failed.

Mr. L

Regards,
Message 17 of 38
latest reply

... bump ...

Regards,
Message 18 of 38
latest reply

Second label this morning printed normal as in pre-debacle so hoping it's been fixed. 

In my excess years of living I've found most broken stuff gets fixed on Sundays or Holidays when there is overtime pay.

Message 19 of 38
latest reply

@grandmakskrafts   You can VOID the label you already purchased or try and Reprint it from the Shipping labels page ... the "work around" has worked for many members but it may not work for all.  

Regards,

Mr. L

Regards,
Message 20 of 38
latest reply

It is INCONCEIVABLE that Ebay doesn't take this seriously enough to fix it by now.  

Message 21 of 38
latest reply

@the_backyard_bear wrote:

It is INCONCEIVABLE that Ebay doesn't take this seriously enough to fix it by now.  

@the_backyard_bear   Maybe they are still trying to figure out how to do that ... for me the issue was sporadic and not a complete failure.  Those glitches are a little harder to find and figure out.  If it had completely failed across the entire platform it may have been a simple fix ...

Regards,

Mr. L

Regards,
Message 22 of 38
latest reply

There is a new feature added to the shipping label page that may have caused this debacle.  It's a big white pop up box in the middle of the screen...

You have to close this new proclamation for the label page to open otherwise it's grayed out.  Ironically it has made buying labels more difficult.   I thought software developers needed to test and retest before launching?     

Message 23 of 38
latest reply

@toysaver wrote:

There is a new feature added to the shipping label page that may have caused this debacle.  It's a big white pop up box in the middle of the screen...

You have to close this new proclamation for the label page to open otherwise it's grayed out.  Ironically it has made buying labels more difficult.   I thought software developers needed to test and retest before launching?     

@toysaver   That pop up does not ring a bell ... did you happen to take a screen shot of it?

Regards,
Message 24 of 38
latest reply

ebay.jpg

Message 25 of 38
latest reply

I have been having the issue since Friday the 22nd of the Label transferring to a full page 8X10 label and not the 4X6 I need to be. So I have to save it as a .pdf, screen snip the label, then print it. It's a ridiculous problem. I use 2 accounts and both are with the same issue. I would screen shot it but I already finished it up. I'll add a screen shot to another when I get to the shop and start to print the rest.

TheCuratorOfThrift
Message 26 of 38
latest reply

I was able to go in to reprint the label I just did in order to show my issue.Screenshot 2022-07-25 083833.jpg

TheCuratorOfThrift
Message 27 of 38
latest reply

Pirate ship has decent international rates. I sued for all my international non eBay buyers.

Message 28 of 38
latest reply

@speed-trap73 wrote:

I was able to go in to reprint the label I just did in order to show my issue.Screenshot 2022-07-25 083833.jpg

@speed-trap73   Correct me if I am wrong but that label was originally generated through the "Print labels in bulk" link since it is missing the eBay banner at the top of the label?!?

Mr. L

Regards,
Message 29 of 38
latest reply

Hi I'm having the same problem. Grayed out PURCHASE SHIPPING LABEL button. Thanks for the workaround, it is working for me.

Just wanted to add my complaint here so eBay knows that we are still having problems printing shipping labels. It has been about 4-5 days.

Message 30 of 38
latest reply