cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just tried new international shipping program - here's what to expect.

I'm sending a 6 pound package to a buyer in Germany. Ordinarily I would use USPS Priority Mail (cost $63.75) The new program was $57.00. Pirateship was the same $63.75.

So first - yes saved some money.

BUT

It shows a ship to address of:

EBAY INTERNATIONAL DELIVERY LAX

with an address in Redondo Beach CA.

and it is marked "Priority Mail 2-day". It shows a typical USPS tracking number but then below that a secondary bar code beginning ESUS. It is that ESUS number which shows up on my sold items page, not the USPS number. So if you do not make a note of that USPS number you will have no way of verifying that it actually made it to Redondo Beach.

I clicked the tracking number and it shows an estimated delivery date of Sunday March 15.

I know from past experience that shipments to Germany have only taken about 7-10 days by USPS so I am concerned about that 3/15 date. What is my buyer going to think when he sees that?

There is a reference number at the bottom of the label but I do not see any connection between that number and my order so it must be an internal thing to help them sort the package,.

Neither by buyer's name nor address nor country shows anywhere on the label.

It does show my address as the "ship from" although on these it also shows my eBay username.

If we ship to a freight forwarder then the delivery is considered complete once the forwarder gets it. i.e. no Not Received claim later on from the ultimate buyer.

Will the same apply here? If it gets lost between CA and Germany am I covered?

UNFORTUNATELY the label has the same orientation problems that FedEx labels have. I had to do a "screen print" and transfer it to a jpeg program to be able to rotate the label to get it to print correctly.

Hope this helps.

Message 1 of 111
latest reply
110 REPLIES 110

Re: Just tried new international shipping program - here's what to expect.

So I have had not one but TWO complete nightmares with this service, and it cost me $1700.

I sold an item and shipped a package to Australia for $1000, as well as a package to the UK for $700. Both. transactions were a few days apart in April. Both packages have gone missing and are marked "returned to sender" but no reason is given.  The $1000 item shows as returned by DHL to the eBay warehouse in Redondo Beach, while the UK item shows as last scanned by DHL in Germany.  DHL is of no help as they say that only the "account holder" can open an inquiry, and eBay is the account holder that contracted with DHL for transport via the DHL ecommerce program.

The buyers opened cases and won both, eBay refunded the money to them. So I am out my item, I am out payment AND i was charged final value fees by eBay. Because the cases were opened on eBay Australia and eBay UK sites, eBay USA "customer service" says they have no recourse.  Worst case is that eBay took my item, took my money, and now I have two cases against me.  Oh, and the buyer in Austrailia claimed I was a criminal and that "I got what I deserved".  I have reported him to eBay, the tracking is plain as day (both items shipped same day as sale), but this is an absolute worst case situation. I have now over 10 hours of phone time with eBay and have gotten nowhere.  A total disaster, and ebay still has my packages.

And I did open and file a PIP claim, but it has been 10 days and I have heard nothing,. I made the mistake of not insuring, thinking I was  covered since I was using eBay and had this program confused with the GSP.

This has been an expensive lesson and I am very disappointed at how poorly equipped eBay is to  service their own programs.

Message 106 of 111
latest reply

I have also tried that service for an order from Canada. It says my order would be received by the customer by August 18, but now I just received an email saying that I have been refunded my shipping cost to my PayPal account. My problem is: what happens to the item that I shipped? I tried calling the customer service number of ebay listed on Google but the prompt message I received was it was no longer available. Who do I contact now in regards to the item that was bought from me? I hope someone from eBay reads this and help me.

Message 107 of 111
latest reply

@rodyab_0 wrote:

I have also tried that service for an order from Canada. It says my order would be received by the customer by August 18, but now I just received an email saying that I have been refunded my shipping cost to my PayPal account. My problem is: what happens to the item that I shipped? I tried calling the customer service number of ebay listed on Google but the prompt message I received was it was no longer available. Who do I contact now in regards to the item that was bought from me? I hope someone from eBay reads this and help me.

You can contact eBay via social media with a private message:

https://Facebook.com/ebay

AND-OR

https://Twitter.com/askebay

very good customer service on these social media sites

Message 108 of 111
latest reply

I also just shipped a package using ebays program. I printed the shipping label directly from ebay. The tracking only went as far as what i believe is their sorting facility in Ford NJ. The seller filed a claim and the money he paid plus an additional 130 dollars was deducted from my account. Has anyone else had a similar issue.  I cant afford for what comes out to an almost 500 dollar hit for doing things exactly how I was supposed to. Thank you, mike

Message 109 of 111
latest reply

@dog139 wrote:

I also just shipped a package using ebays program. I printed the shipping label directly from ebay. The tracking only went as far as what i believe is their sorting facility in Ford NJ. The seller filed a claim and the money he paid plus an additional 130 dollars was deducted from my account. Has anyone else had a similar issue.  I cant afford for what comes out to an almost 500 dollar hit for doing things exactly how I was supposed to. Thank you, mike

once the package is delivered to ebay's domestic warehouse for processing, it is considered a 'delivered' package for seller protection. from there, ebay ships the package to the buyer. don't know if you used ebay's international standard shipping of their global shipping program, but here are the 2 links to read.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/shipping-items/setting-shipping-options/eBay-Send-International-St...

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/shipping-items/setting-shipping-options/global-shipping-program?id...

Message 110 of 111
latest reply

Sold a collectible skate deck ($900) to a guy in New Zealand  I sent it out using the Ebay Shipping process.  I printed the label which delivered it to 6805 E. Gage Ave in Commerce, CA.  According to Ebay it would be shipped to New Zealand from there.  I sent it in late Sept and it was delivered by USPS on 10/6/2021 (signed by MB).  It never left that warehouse.  I was forced to refund the buyer and pay fees despite many emails with information.  It's as if they don't even read your concerns...  As far as I know it is still there, but I can't find any contact information for that warehouse... and ebay won't help me.  Google says it's some laser company.

Message 111 of 111
latest reply