cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just received my first negative due to USPS shipping delays. Merry Christmas!

I knew they are  coming and unfortnaly ebay does not care. I shipped on time did everything we are supposed to do but still got dinged. I even offered to send out a new part last week.  I am thinking it may be best to put everything on vacation mode until next year.  Anyone else seeing this trend? 

Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Re: Just received my first negative due to USPS shipping delays. Merry Christmas!

@thebmwminipartstore_2 wrote:

I knew they are  coming and unfortnaly ebay does not care. I shipped on time did everything we are supposed to do but still got dinged. I even offered to send out a new part last week.  I am thinking it may be best to put everything on vacation mode until next year.  Anyone else seeing this trend? 

Many sellers have had this problem in the past week, just look at other posts. We put our store on time away for about a week, when no packages were moving, but tracking now shows good movement again, so we are now back in business. 

Message 2 of 21
latest reply

Re: Just received my first negative due to USPS shipping delays. Merry Christmas!

It has been the same here as well over the last couple of months. Ebay really should protect sellers from negative due to USPS shipping delays especially when the seller does everything they are supposed to do. 

Message 3 of 21
latest reply

@thebmwminipartstore_2 wrote:

I've ended my listings over a week ago. I did it because of eBay's insistence of posting absurd estimated arrival dates.

As a buyer, I am being VERY patient, having said that I have several orders I will be filing INR soon. I am not waiting forever. I have no plans of leaving negative feedback, not the sellers fault.

It will be a long time before I buy on eBay, no fault of the sellers.

Message 4 of 21
latest reply

EBay policies & shipping delays require sellers to exercise caution & consider

available options such as utilizing vacation mode this joyous holiday season.

Message 5 of 21
latest reply

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!!

Message 6 of 21
latest reply

if you have shipped the item within handling time and got delayed by carrier then you should appeal for the negative feedback, i believe it can be remove easily if the item is delivered already .

Message 7 of 21
latest reply

Definitely best to put auctions on vacation till next year.  That's exactly what i'm doing.  I would appeal the negative.  Not your fault.

Message 8 of 21
latest reply

I have a package from QVC (DHL/USPS hybrid) that is 13 days late. It has not yet made it to USPS.

My daughter has an Amazon Prime package that is 18 days late. It left California and has yet to be seen. (UPS I think, not sure, I'd have to ask her.)

I have a product test package (Fedex Stupidpost) that is a month late. I gave up on that one.

It's not just Ebay, y'all.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 9 of 21
latest reply

I am thinking the same thing. It doesn't help that ebay puts ridicules guarantee delivery dates on all of our listing. 

Message 10 of 21
latest reply

Hello,
EBay is now penalizing sellers because of delays of the Postal Service.
If I mail a package in a timely fashion, and US Postal doesn’t deliver on time, EBay is refunding all monies (including postage buyer paid from sellers)
We should not be responsible for Postal delays.
Buyer also gets to keep item for free without having to return, and Postal insurance is no good because package was eventually delivered.
Very unfair of EBay not to acknowledge that US Postal service has delays due to holiday volume and COVID-19
https://www.greenwichtime.com/business/article/USPS-gridlocked-as-historic-crush-of-holiday-15802662...

Message 11 of 21
latest reply

I've gotten 4-5 negatives so far because of USPS in recent months. 

I always ship within the 1 business day handling time.

Ebay will not remove any of the negs even though one of the selections when requesting a removal is something like "circumstances out of sellers control".

For the most part buyers have been understanding but there's always those few.

Message 12 of 21
latest reply

@gazoo_1234 wrote:

Hello,
EBay is now penalizing sellers because of delays of the Postal Service.
If I mail a package in a timely fashion, and US Postal doesn’t deliver on time, EBay is refunding all monies (including postage buyer paid from sellers)
We should not be responsible for Postal delays.
Buyer also gets to keep item for free without having to return, and Postal insurance is no good because package was eventually delivered.
Very unfair of EBay not to acknowledge that US Postal service has delays due to holiday volume and COVID-19
https://www.greenwichtime.com/business/article/USPS-gridlocked-as-historic-crush-of-holiday-15802662...

Ebay needs to 'hold' the refund to the buyer until after the time passes for the carrier to consider it lost instead of a couple days after the buyer files after their ridiculous estimated delivery dates. That way the seller can see if they can trace it to get it moving and delivered or file for insurance if it never arrives by then.

Even the USPS has a big red banner on the tracking page regarding delays. A smart company would do the same thing.

Message 13 of 21
latest reply

Delays, at this time of year, should be considered a industry standard

Message 14 of 21
latest reply

@southern*sweet*tea wrote:

I have a package from QVC (DHL/USPS hybrid) that is 13 days late. It has not yet made it to USPS.

My daughter has an Amazon Prime package that is 18 days late. It left California and has yet to be seen. (UPS I think, not sure, I'd have to ask her.)

I have a product test package (Fedex Stupidpost) that is a month late. I gave up on that one.

It's not just Ebay, y'all.

I made an online order from a website the other day and the confirmation email I got had a great big red banner at the top warning of shipping delays.

Ironically, all of my eBay packages that I've shipped seem to be moving through the system pretty quickly. Of the 11 things I've mailed since the 7th, 7 have been delivered and 1 is on track to be delivered tomorrow. The other three have only been in transit for five days so I'm really not concerned about them just yet. Meanwhile, my mom has been waiting for something shipped UPS for almost a week now.

Message 15 of 21
latest reply