cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just got scammed

I just got scammed. I ordered a samsung s8 Plus from the seller and when I received the pckage, it was a battery pack. I tried to contact the seller he said that it's not the item he shipped. I opened the case tho. 

I tried to contact the seller again and he said I've violated the policy cause I used my paypal acc that based in Indonesia (I'm from Indonesia btw) to pay for the item here in CA and having it shipped to my address in CA. Please help what should I do now?

Message 1 of 114
latest reply
113 REPLIES 113

Re: Just got scammed

@morsrs23 wrote:
Up until now he/she doesn’t reply my message. The last message I got from he/she was blaming me for sending stuff to address in CA but paid the stuff with my paypal acc that has my Indonesian address. I have my Indonesian ID + passport so I could clarify it to eBay. Thanks.

You don't need to messge the seller or respond to him in any way. Do everything through the resolution center.

Message 106 of 114
latest reply

Just escalate the SNAD claim when you can. If you lose the case, come back here for further advice. Some of us do have your back
Message 107 of 114
latest reply

@garmentvarmint2004 wrote:

SO..

YOU have  been  getting CONSISTENTLY  incorrect inormation  from one of  the posters  here----who does not know how  Ebay  handles  Disputes---especially  Snad  Disputes---which   is  what you  are  involved  in.   Ignore  all  the  stuff was  said  about  the  WEIGHT  of  the  package.  Ebay will pay no attention  to  that.

Instead read only  the posts  that  tell you how  to  file a SNAD Dispute.    Those posters  DO KNOW  the real  rules  and  the right proceduresSmiley Happy

@garmentvarmint2004, I agree. Unfortunately, my saying so earlier apparently wasn't appreciated... LOLSmiley Happy Hopefully, OP will read and heed your advice, or has gotten the issue resolved since.

Belle
Message 108 of 114
latest reply

Attention everyone, regardless who changed the street number on the address (which would cause a misdelivery) the seller was upset that OP went to the post office to pick up the package on Wednesday, two days after it was mailed on Monday, and then discovered what was inside:

@morsrs23 wrote:
Oh I picked it up at the post office cause I put the address number wrong. Now he used it against me probably saying that I used someone paypal acc cause I intercept the package.
Message 109 of 114
latest reply

@southernfriendbelle @garmentvarmint2004 @mismarymarpl0 @creoleorchid @tarpedge noted. thankyou for helping me!
Message 110 of 114
latest reply

The US seller sold a phone that can only be used overseas.

The overseas buyer, collected in person at a US post office on Venice*.

*California USA

So explain again why shouldn't the buyer be from Indonesia?

Message 111 of 114
latest reply

That ^^ is a snipe edit.

Message 112 of 114
latest reply

Many Ebay sellers selling the latest cell phone or toy or expensive items do not have the item on hand,once they have your money ,they will go and buy i t or ask someone to dropship to you.

also dont fuss over the weight,I can print a label saying it weighs 1 lb when the item I am shiping weighs 1 ounce,.

Have you heard the lastest scam-someone sold 6 iphone 6 to a buyer on Ebay,he filed item not as described and won.

He then ordered a case cover from AMZN and ask AMZN to ship to the seller with tracking,upload that tracking to the case and got his money back. 

Message 113 of 114
latest reply

BELLE...

Well  as   the saying goes...you can lead a horse  to  water---but you cannot  force him  to  drink.   Smiley HappySmiley LOL

Message 114 of 114
latest reply