cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is USPS on its way to being totally broken?

I am fearful that USPS is falling apart.

I just checked tracking on a buyer's package.

See image below, and make note of the dates. Today's date and time (in black) is from a screenshot of my desktop, taken just now.

usps.png

All in all it's just another ding in my seller metrics?

Posting ID
Message 1 of 33
latest reply
32 REPLIES 32

Re: Is USPS on its way to being totally broken?

@scifiwriter99 wrote:

I was never a fan of Donald Trump before 2016. I considered him to be a very rude narcissist blowhard.  However, I did vote for him. Why? Because he was the only candidate addressing issues important to me. I live in California and have witnessed the destructive effects of illegal immigration on schools, hospitals, insurance rates, etc, etc. So when he came out the gate claiming to fix the immigration policies of the country I immediately was drawn to his campaign. For the past 30 yeas, at least, BOTH parties have contributed to the destruction of the middle class.  Our trade policies were a mess and we were letting far too many workers enter the job market from foreign countries with H2B Visas. NAFTA was a huge failure. Ross Perot was absolutely correct when he predicted that factories would close as jobs left for south of the border. 

For all Trump's personality flaws and self absorbed tweets, I can at least know that he is fixing problems that Democrats and Republicans caused. The new USMCA trade agreement is a smart replacement for NAFTA that favors American workers. And although Obama claimed, "Those jobs aren't coming back," Trump has proven that they CAN come back, even without a magic wand.

So I support President Trump and just ignore his tantrums. He's much preferable to the alternative. Biden has a history of corruption, enriching himself and his family by using his government connections. His son, Hunter, received millions from Ukraine. If Trump's son did that the MSM would never stop talking about it.

But though he ran on the Republican ticket , he is far from having Republican values.

He said no immagrents but he hires illeagles  because he can pay them less and not provide benifits.

He screams America first but all of his and his daughters product lines are made in China or other such countries (even his MAGA hats and flags), (which by the way are now producing defiled flags, American flags with his picture or name across them).

Are the jobs coming back? well maybe a few but more and more are going. In my area we have lost a power plant (admitedly coal fired so it was on the way out anyway), and 3 major manufacturers, What is left, Case farms which most of the growers and egg production supplying the growers are Amish and at the processing plant only the packaging line is primarily "American" the kill and dismemberment lines are almost totally worked by illeagles from Mexico and Guatemala.

When I took over my mail route there were 9 dairy farms on it. Now there are 2 all the rest folding within the last 2 years. One the man that owns it milks maybe 2 dozen cows, he is in his late 70's so who knows how long he will last, things are looking pretty run down. The other is larger, maybe 50-60 cows but who is working it, Guatemalan's.  The owner said that he tried hiring the Amish but they were too rough with the cows and the American kids he hired would be late showing up to work or just didn't show. He has 2 small doublewides on the property and they cycle through, when they decide to move on they always find family or friends to fill their spot. 

Do I think Biden is squeeky clean, no. Do I believe what sources like Breitbart , oh Capitol H double hockey sticks no.  This is a good read for you to start with https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2019/may/07/viral-image/fact-checking-joe-biden-hunter-biden-a... , and after you are done PLEASE anything you hear or read check the sorce through https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/

Message 31 of 33
latest reply

@njames51 wrote:

I agree. The PG, and Trump has reduced funding for the USPS for the main intention of blocking the mailing of 'voter by mail' ballots, which is called 'voter suppression'.

The PO states they won't have time to mail out all the ballots and then process them back in time. This was calculated by Trump: suppress vote by mail, reduce polling sites, counting on voters who won't risk their health by standing in long lines. Colorado is the model for state mandated vote by mail, and there is no fraud or manipulation of ballots.

Meanwhile, I know a notice was mailed to me on July 9 and I received it on July 31. The letter was mailed in the same city where I live. So USPS is filled with delays, lack of funds, and everything else you mentioned. Trump has to go.

Me I'm going to vote even if I have to drive my balot directly to be counted, and if they block the vote by mail I'l gladly belly crawl over broken glass to vote him out.

Message 32 of 33
latest reply

Trump hs also pressured the head of the census (trump's doner) to cut census counting by the end of September. The census counts BODIES, does not ask for party affiliation or if they are undocumented. Trump doesn't want the poor renters crammed in 2 rooms, because after the totals are finished we'll expect to see California lose 1 house seat as well as other states. It's all very calculated. Rail against mail-in voting. (However, his base is so confused they have refused to use mail in ballots, aand likely won't stand at the polls due to the pandemic dangers. Trump just shot himself in the foot. Although he urged Florida voter to mail in ballots, because he needs florida.

What is frightening is many believe Trump WILL REFUSE TO VACATE THE WHITE HOUSE after he loses, and will claim executive power claiming the vote was fraudulant and ordering the election to be held later in 2021.  Has any President refused to leave the whiter house? Who has the authority to kick him out. Can Biden order the secret service to physically remove him? I mean this is what Trump is intending to do. Delay the end of his expulsion. And we'll all sit around twiddling our thumbs, cuz never in American history has this happened. He's already brought lawsuits against states who declared main-in ballots...and some states are removing their curbside drop boxes for ballots. The USPS has had to cut back deliveries and aren't sure they can get ballots out and get them back in time.

God, Trump has fallen in step with every autocrat, dictator, Mussilini, and goose-stepping with Putin and Hitler.  His latest statement about 1000 people dying every day from the virus is "It is what it is" as he shrugged his shoulders. And the Senate is lost. The Democrats will own it. Many Trump supporters are switching to Biden because their husbands and wives have died from this virus and they hate Trump's guts now.

Message 33 of 33
latest reply