cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer requesting returm

Ok I sold a phone which was 100% functional, practically mint.  Nearly a month later, buyer claims it doesn't work anymore.  Now I have a negative PayPal balance.  I messaged buyer yesterday stating I did not agree accepting return.  Do seller s have any sort of backing or support  in these type of cases? And I have a pending auction which will sell, will I lose that money 💰 to the negative balance??🙄🤔

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Buyer requesting returm

You have a No Returns policy. No Returns and no refunds are two different things entirely.

If the buyer opened a Not As Described return claim, the best option is to approve the return and send the buyer a label... then issue the refund when the item is returned to you.

If you don't react to the request, eBay will approve a refund without requiring the buyer to return it.

Sorry this happened to you.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Buyer requesting returm

@mtgraves7984 wrote:

You have a No Returns policy. No Returns and no refunds are two different things entirely.

If the buyer opened a Not As Described return claim, the best option is to approve the return and send the buyer a label... then issue the refund when the item is returned to you.

If you don't react to the request, eBay will approve a refund without requiring the buyer to return it.

Sorry this happened to you.

^This.

Also check the IMEI number when you get it back (assuming you wrote it down or kept a record when you mailed it, which you should ALWAYS do). Unscrupulous buyers are notorious for "switching" and sending back their old broken phones.

he/him/guy/dude...you get the picture
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Buyer requesting returm

Here is maximum what can be do, if you are TOP RATED SELLER, you can deduct 50% after you receive the item back or if you offer free returns then you can deduct 50% after you receive the item. beside that nothing can be done. 

if you are selling electronics then you should offer free returns at least cover your 50% loss rather then 100%. no matter even if you no offer returns at all  but still ebay allow buyers to open return with these reasons " item not as described" " item is damaged" " wrong item sent" so there is no way to get rid of returns. if you will not offer free returns then buyers can open returns with not as describe cases that will hurt you in two ways, first negative mark on your seller service metrics, second if you are not Top rated seller and also do not offer free returns then you are not able to deduct 50%. 

please make sure to check your paypal account, even after you deduct 50% on ebay, buyer can still open case on paypal there you have to reply  with tracking number. so you have to fight at two platform for your right. protect yourself on ebay where you can take some advantage of policy which is actually not advantage but help you loosing your 100%.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Buyer requesting returm

@chrismo679 wrote:

Do seller s have any sort of backing or support  in these type of cases?

No.

If you want the phone back before Ebay refunds the buyer, accept the return and provide a return shipping label.

If you don't, buyer can ask Ebay to step in and they could refund buyer from your Pay Pal account and let them keep the phone.

Have a great day
Message 5 of 5
latest reply