cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International package returned by USPS, "rejected by airlines."

I don't have any problem issuing a refund for the items, but the postage was more than the value of the items. Buyer filed a non-receipt claim, what do I do? Am I stuck giving him a full refund on the purchase, or is there some kind of mitigation on sharing the cost of postage? Postage cost was $74. 65, value of the product about $48. BTW, never had a kick back by the USPS on international shipments like this. Products were liquid plant fertilizer, and rejection sticker on the package said "rejected by airlines, return to sender"

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: International package returned by USPS, "rejected by airlines."

Buyer filed a non-receipt claim, what do I do? Am I stuck giving him a full refund on the purchase, or is there some kind of mitigation on sharing the cost of postage?

You have to do a full refund ... item cost plus postage paid.

Products were liquid plant fertilizer, and rejection sticker on the package said "rejected by airlines, return to sender"

I don't believe fertilizer can be shipped internationally.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Re: International package returned by USPS, "rejected by airlines."

If it had Ammonium nitrate in it: Ammonium nitrate is a common agricultural fertilizer - and a deadly explosive agent. ... That's because ammonium nitrate, a chemical commonly used in agricultural fertilizers, is a highly explosive compound, as shown by the massive fireball at a fertilizer plant in the town of West, Texas, Wednesday (April 17)
Message 3 of 3
latest reply